scratch

This Lorex any good?

Hi. Your link above and the Swann system these are system with features that are not needed there gimmicks 

flashimg lights and siren on a camera only alerts to location of camera .. then you have to remember the cameras will not work on anything else so nvr can’t be changed or up graded 

your costco link ..... you are only looking at 2-3 days recording with 2tb so extra hard drive would be needed if you go on holidays . Then there is your extra install costs ..... HD analog will also require a power supply and coax and camera power cable and tools for bnc fit.

and lorex is cheaper than Costco on a 4 way hd analog 

but for a few $s more you can go full ip 8k with 6 better cameras than your link only extra cost is cat5 cable and it will run most ip cameras

lorex vs Swann ..... lorex (dahua ) much more features much better apps and software

https://www.lorextechnology.com/4k-ip-camera-system/hd-nvr-with-super-hd-4mp-security-cameras-/4KHDIP84W-1-p

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. Your link above and the Swann system these are system with features that are not needed there gimmicks 

flashimg lights and siren on a camera only alerts to location of camera .. then you have to remember the cameras will not work on anything else so nvr can’t be changed or up graded 

Honestly... I missed that it even had flashing lights and sirens.  I have no need for those features, but if those features are included, I don't really care.  I also didn't know that the NVR can't be changed.  I thought all NVR's were pretty much interchangeable?

your costco link ..... you are only looking at 2-3 days recording with 2tb so extra hard drive would be needed if you go on holidays .

Doesn't the NVR in your link also have a 2 Tb drive also...?  I assumed that a 2TB HDD should be fine on a 4 camera system for a few weeks, was I wrong?

Then there is your extra install costs ..... HD analog will also require a power supply and coax and camera power cable and tools for bnc fit.

Not worried about install costs.  I worked as an installer for 15 years and my house is super easy to wire, I should know... I built it.

Also, I thought the link from Costco was digital, not analog. I could be wrong...? It includes Cat5e cables...

but for a few $s more you can go full ip 8k with 6 better cameras than your link only extra cost is cat5 cable and it will run most ip cameras

The system I posted, and yours, are both 4K IP cameras aren't they?

lorex vs Swann ..... lorex (dahua ) much more features much better apps and software

I like your link, thanks for posting it.  I searched on Lorex but must have missed that one.  As far as I'm concerned, the only feature difference between my link and yours is mine has the lights and sirens, (which I don't need) and yours has 2 extra cameras (which are easily worth an extra 100.00) Correct me if I'm wrong though, aren't they both very similar 8 channel NVR's with a 2 TB HDD, and 4K IP digital cameras?

https://www.lorextechnology.com/4k-ip-camera-system/hd-nvr-with-super-hd-4mp-security-cameras-/4KHDIP84W-1-p

17 minutes ago, scratch said:

I thought all NVR's were pretty much interchangeable?

Standard nvrs yes in most cases use other cameras ... but in the Swann and lorex links you posted the cameras only work with those systems ... proprietary systems have never been good.

Not worried about install costs.  I worked as an installer for 15 years and my house is super easy to wire, I should know... I built it.

Install cost was not ment can you install it ...... i ment by the time you bought Costco system then the power pack and cables and bnc and camera power cable ... add an extra $200 on top of the price 

that’s is because your link is analog hd 

Doesn't the NVR in your link also have a 2 Tb drive also...?  I assumed that a 2TB HDD should be fine on a 4 camera system for a few weeks, was I wrong?

Yes was wrong ..... look at lorex storage calculator it states when set at 1080 2mp is 16 days .... 8mp is only 3

18 minutes ago, scratch said:

I thought the link from Costco was digital, not analog. I could be wrong...?

Costco link is HD analog 

link I posted which is much better and will be cheaper to install than Costco system is full ip 

23 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Standard nvrs yes in most cases use other cameras ... but in the Swann and lorex links you posted the cameras only work with those systems ... proprietary systems have never been good.

Install cost was not ment can you install it ...... i ment by the time you bought Costco system then the power pack and cables and bnc and camera power cable ... add an extra $200 on top of the price 

that’s is because your link is analog hd 

Yes was wrong ..... look at lorex storage calculator it states when set at 1080 2mp is 16 days .... 8mp is only 3

Costco link is HD analog 

link I posted which is much better and will be cheaper to install than Costco system is full ip 

Thanks, I like your link much better anyways, but I would like to learn how to tell if the system is analog HD.  I couldn't find the word "anolog" anywhere in the costco link.  Did I miss it, or how can you tell? 

Also how can you tell if the NVR in my link was proprietary, but the one in your link isn't?

14 minutes ago, scratch said:

Also how can you tell if the NVR in my link was proprietary, but the one in your link isn't?

Cameras don’t come with flashing lights or siren built in .... and to be honest useless ...... but the recorder and cameras need to give each other the command we’re a normal system does not need that. 

To tell if a system is HD analog or ip is the analog like standard is BNC connection  ...., or it states cvi tvi or AHD format 

ip rj45 and poe 

but sorry yes your link is ip for some reason mine came up with both formats 

but again Costco link are still cameras only work with that system

I thought you could tell if it was analog or digital just by looking at the back.  Like just by looking at this picture, shouldn't one know that this is an analog DVR:

DVR.png

Just like what was said in last post

but it’s not just about looking  .... how can you tell if a dvr is HD ...... only by spec.