boomeranging

double image - hikvision coax- pic attached

Only one camera out of 6 is doing this, it was fine before. 

I changed out an adapter (that supplied power to all cameras as it failed) and after connecting to new adapter I got this issue. 

I know power is not the issue because I already tested this camera with the other power slots. 

What would cause this? 

IMG_4681 (1).jpg

This looks like reflection, normally caused when a signal cable isn't correctly terminated either due to a loose connection, a cheap Balun or if the termination resistor has been un-selected. If you are using cat5 are you using just one single pair for the video signal if not you should be. I think you are right about the power as the camera is clearly on and has no issues there. What type of cable are you using cat5 or coax?

Edited by Blake CCTV
I thought of more to say

It’s coax, there’s no resister anywhere. I’ll reterminate and see how it goes. I only really just unplugged and plugged in the coax and power cables- no modifications on the camera/cables. 

Sorry just read your post again and seen Coax in the title. Check the termination switch/setting on the DVR if there is one! Using a voltmeter set to Ohms go to the camera and check the resistance of the coax cable as it goes back to the DVR, it should read 75 ohms plus the resistance of the cable so probably about 80 - 100 ohms depending on the cable length/quality. If you are reading in the M ohms range then the cable is un-terminated, or has possibly been damaged, next go to the DVR and remove the camera signal lead and measure the resistance of the video input this should be 75 ohms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi I would keep testing simple ...remove camera and plug it into another location ..... if this is just a camera swap to start with it could just be the camera faulty 

are you using standard analog analog or HD ...... and have you got the right region camera PAL / NTCS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When you changed the power adapter it may have allowed the camera to default to a different setting as tomcctv said check if the camera and DVR are set to PAL/NTSC (they should both be set the same)

• Thanks 1

I would suggest checking your power side connections too. I had one camera break a negative wire, and it still worked but caused an interference on its channel and the matching one (Hikvision DVR). As soon as I reconnected the wire both cameras were fine.

• Thanks 1

how long is the run ? are you using solid core copper conductor and braid copper shield? As someone mention swap camera with another one , then if the run you are have problem on is still bad with other camera , i would consider if you are using cca type of wire, video signal drops after a certain  length.