maciekwsp

Video loss after connecting a new camera

Hi,

I couldn't find any help anywhere and was wondering if someone could advise on the below

I have an AHD 8 camera DVR (ElectriQ) that came with 720p cameras and i decided to swap one of the cameras for a 1080p. I'm puzzled cause after connecting the new camera one of the remaining ones loses video and the second i disconnect the 1080p camera everything goes back as it should be. I noticed that the channel that goes dark has shows AHD-NH(1080N) but all remaining cameras are 720p and when i go to System/Encode and try to change it manually i don't have that option.

Excuse my lack of terminology as I'm a complete amateur. I've set it up myself 2yrs ago it's been working fine until i tried swapping the camera today

Thanks

Hi. It depends on your dvr ..... some will be limited to MP size of cameras and some 720p will only allow 1 or 2 channels to be higher 

move your bnc which has the 1080 camera onto channel 1 and see if everything displays ..... but it looks like your dvr has a max of 720 each channel 

dvrs are not expensive you you might want to start looking at upgrading it to a 4 in 1 .....5mp dvr .... it will run your existing cameras and your 1080 and upto 5mp each channel

Thank you for your reply, i tried swapping the channels but regardless of which channel i use it always locks one other out. With the MP limit i have no idea what is the limit on my dvr but when i unplug other 720p channels the one that is blocked out doesn't come back on.

Probably the best solution is to invest into a new dvr as the one i have was a rushed decision and very cheap when we moved houses last time.

Cheers

Hi. Your new camera do you know what format it is AHD or cvi or tvi .........your unit might only be AHD 

have you thought of just buying another AHD 720