rich7673

Loss of video at night on one camera only

New to here and very amateur,so please be gentle ! I’ve got a feeling this is going to be the power supply ,but here goes. I’ve fitted my own cctv system which is a 5mp 4 camera set up. No issues with dvr or picture quality during the day. At night however, one camera rotates through Video loss,no video and brief but clear black and white view of area over and over. The camera has a 10m cable (Pre made) on it which wasn’t with kit (I also had to buy a 30m cable separate,no issues with that camera) rather than use the 20m ones included. The power to the 4 cameras is running off a 4 way splitter from a 1A supply. I’m hoping the case is there isn’t sufficient power to run the 4 cameras from that power supply, but then it seems daft that it’s supplied in the kit to do so if that’s the case, as I don’t particularly want to have to re run cable unless needs must. Any  thoughts on what power ampage supply these cameras  should need?

The box says each camera is 12v 355mA 4.3w Max , I may be answering my own question here because by my maths it needs at least a 1.5A power supply for the 4 cameras to work at night, but it seems daft that it comes with 1A transformer in kit.  Thank you in anticipation. 

Hi I think your own answer is right 

1amp per camera is a good fix point so as you can’t buy 4amp a 5amp power block is more than enough

a camera uses more power at night when it switches over to b/w and also switches on its IR ...... also there needs to be enough power for a surge when all your cameras switch over at the same time.

pre made cables can also be a problem if there not coax and should not be used for cctv ... the power side of them is too small as in the cable size 

Thank you for reply. I’ve got a couple of 2A power supplies so will give them a whirl later. I was considering replacing with shotgun cable coax but if a different power supply does the job, I’ll leave it for time being as they are all neatly hidden away currently ! Will sort when needs must !