Sign in to follow this  
martynball

Splice COAX to split the feed.

Hello, I have got a CCTV camera which used RG59 cable above my front door. I have attempted to simply splice the cable to split the feed into 2 cables, so one can go to my DVR to capture the footage, but I want one to go straight into a TV above the door to provide a live feed, then we can see who is there without going to the other side of the house where the DVR is. 

However I can't seem to get a clear image on the TV above the door, would I need some kind of signal booster or do you think the connection simply isn't good enough? Of course I have attached a normal coax connector to the RG59 instead of the correct connector so that it will go into the back of the TV.

I hope this makes sense!

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:38 AM, martynball said:

Hello, I have got a CCTV camera which used RG59 cable above my front door. I have attempted to simply splice the cable to split the feed into 2 cables, so one can go to my DVR to capture the footage, but I want one to go straight into a TV above the door to provide a live feed, then we can see who is there without going to the other side of the house where the DVR is. 

However I can't seem to get a clear image on the TV above the door, would I need some kind of signal booster or do you think the connection simply isn't good enough? Of course I have attached a normal coax connector to the RG59 instead of the correct connector so that it will go into the back of the TV.

I hope this makes sense!

Video on cable is NTSC or PAL , both interlaced format and smaller resolution.  Monitors require Progressive (Deinterlaced) video for display. The monitor (TV) should have an AVIN (CVBS) port.  Expensive TVs have a better Deinterlacer for a better visual quality.

I would use a powered 1 in two out splitter to send the same signal to the dvr and tv guessing the tv would have the correct input. units are not that much money and you could power them from the tv or dvr location

you could,  if you had a spot monitor output.  I as guessing their might be some distance issue so the powered splitter would solve  that problem. When we are talking about splitting the cable we are talking about BNC connectors on all the cables?