Serenadeangelo

Black Wavy Lines

Hey, I have a CP PLUS Dome indoor camera (CVI, PAL) 2.4MP connected to DVR via Coaxial/BNC cable which has been working fine for the last 2 years. All of sudden, I have started getting black wavy lines on the screen as shown in the picture intermittently. Please note that as soon I disconnect the power from the camera and reconnect, everything goes back to normal immediately. However, after 20 seconds (sometimes 10 minutes), it goes back to the wavy picture. I already tried changing the power adaptor with the same results. The camera is not connected to any metal objects. Anyone can suggest what exactly is the issue? Thank you.

cctv-wavy-lines.PNG

1 hour ago, larry said:

Switch the camera to a different bnc input and verify whether it's still doing that

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's happening with all 4 BNC inputs. As soon I connect to a different BNC port, for 10 seconds its fine and then back to Wavy picture. Is the DVR faulty?

7 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi that is a common image of a power supply failure .... on its way out used to see it a lot with dantech supplies

Thanks for the reply. I tried another new adaptor but same issue. Is the coaxial cable faulty?  

9 hours ago, cctvman1379 said:

Have you tried a different camera that looks like many cable fault in honestly could be a slight short between dialectic and shield 

I do have a spare camera but not the cable to try. I have ordered one 60 feet coaxial cable from Amazon. The current cable is just 2 years old and does not seem to have any breaks.

7 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Can you post a link to your coax cable 

Link to new cable I bought today is https://www.amazon.in/Video-Power-Connector-Security-Camera/dp/B074DWRLZF/
The current cable installed is https://www.amazon.in/ZEBRONICS-Copper-Wire-Roller-Network/dp/B07FMW2W9P/

As of now, the camera is working fine, but not sure for how long. Last night after I created this thread, it worked for 5 hours straight without a glitch and then for 1.5 hrs wavy picture. Then went back to normal itself for 1 hour and then wavy.

I have a reason to believe Camera (clear image), DVR (no errors, also updated firmware), and Power Adaptor (no fluctuating lines, tried 12v 2amp also) are fine. It's not the case of loose BNC connectors as I changed them already. 

I am doubtful about the cable but when it works, it works as new. Replacing the cable is a tedious job as it runs down two floors to the basement parking!

Capture.PNG

Hi none are fit for cctv  and none are coax 

you need 75ohm cable for cctv (coax)

both your links are 100ohm

The lead kit you posted will work but only on short distance ... not the length you need 

can you not buy cat5 and use baluns ... cat5 is also 100ohm but by using baluns at both ends makes it 75ohm and the rest of the pairs are used for power

that has a name: ground loop. two grounds in the system are at different levels.

in theory the cure is a video isolation transformer. none of the ones I tried ever helped a bit.

verify that both ends of the coax have good grounds.

Thanks all for your help. I almost forgot to update this thread, however, the issue was resolved automatically without me doing anything. I think the water was the culprit, and I don't know how but after 5 days or so, everything is back to normal and that wavy line issue has never reoccured. Cheers