Sign in to follow this  
Rich3245

Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2 NVR connect to wifi

Hi,

I've moved in to a new house and inherited their CCTV system including HIKvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P NVR. I've got it connected (wired) to the cameras and if I plug in an ethernet cable to my PC I can login to it via its IP address. However, I want to get it working on my wifi as the camera cables are all up in the loft and the router is downstairs. I know that the previous owners had it working on wifi using a tp link tl wr802n router plugged into the NVR. However, there is only one LAN port on the NVR and when I remove the ethernet cable and plug in the tp link router, I cannot find the NVR on the network (it doesn't appear in the router login and the IP address doesn't work). There is a youtube video that shows logging in to the NVR through its IP and navigating to 'wi-fi' within the network settings and inputting the router login details - however I don't get this option, I can get through to the correct screen but there is no 'wi-fi' option. I have tried updating the firmware on the NVR but it tells me the firmware is up to date. 

So, I'm now completely stuck! Any help would be hugely appreciated. 

Please let me know if more info (screenshots?) is needed. 

Best wishes, 

Richard

Use a powerline adaptor in the loft and plug into nvr then the second powerline downstairs into router that will send the data through the electrical wiring 

Thanks very much for that, that is a great idea and I will do that if I can't get it working through WiFi. The previous owners did have it working wirelessly which I would prefer to do too if possible, any other advice on this? Thanks 

As far as I'm. Aware dvrs nvrs don't have WiFi chips built. In they use either a WiFi access point on lan to. Nvr or a power ethernet line in the wall. Sockets 

Hi, thanks again. It was definitely working through wifi previously, I've double checked with the previous owners. It had a tp link wifi router plugged in to the lan port. I will keep trying for another couple of evenings and then give in and go for a powerline adapter. 

33 minutes ago, Rich3245 said:

Hi, thanks again. It was definitely working through wifi previously, I've double checked with the previous owners. It had a tp link wifi router plugged in to the lan port. I will keep trying for another couple of evenings and then give in and go for a powerline adapter. 

Hi. Making your recorder WiFi has been done via connecting to your tp router and that is in fact then a bridge to your main router.

did you buy the tp or is it the existing one