Hi Guys

anyone out there able to help, i am trying to get Time and attendance reports but the system says "The number of records for this report is too large" it only happens if i try to get information for more than 4 months and longer ago.

Ive Searched all LENEL tech help but not very successfully

It sounds like to me you may need to archive some of your data. Then you can run reports on smaller segments.   Also, it is not good for your system to let the database get too big. Or, if it is using Mercury panels (which you probably are) then you can convert them to the software we sell and you will not have to search the internet for help. You can call and one of our tech support guys or myself can help you. Access control, in general, has the worst customer support. It sure makes it easier for us to compete against them. But it sure makes it harder for you guys. Try archiving and see if that helps. Also, you may try restarting the pc right before you run that report to free up some RAMM in case it is having problems with that. I have seen that be a problem when you are trying to run a report with a huge SQL DB.

This is a very old topic but I figured I would add my 0.02c anyway. Something changed in the last few OnGuard upgrades to cause this.  I was told to put the following in the ACS,INI file to extend the number of records the report can retrieve. Obviously setting this too high could cause problems with the system if it chugs through millions of rows, but it does at least extend how many you can retrieve in one go.

The other thing was a patched reporting DLL called LnlRptUIControl.dll. We had to use this patch for the 7.5 and subsequent 8.0 upgrade , so it looks like they are not adding patches to the upgrades the way they should be.

[Performance]
ReportMaxRecordCount=3000000
Timeout=300

I have had the same issue with all other report types within OnGuard and just gave up.  We now query the SQL DB for raw data and then format to our needs.