quinnstone

Installing 16ch NVR and long distance cameras?

First off thank you in advance for any help or advice...

I just purchased a full "ReoLink" system for my business. I am installing 16 cameras total with 5 of them needing to be installed roughly 400 feet from the NVR. These are all cat6.

I want to run each of these cameras to each of the 16 channels on the NVR. My issue is that making runs that long I will lose signal strength and also power supply? many of the cameras I am using are requiring 20W (Listed) power when in fact someone told me his are using 24w power. I read somewhere that using a PoE+ extender will increase my power so I have no issues? If this is true what is recommended for a extender for each camera? and do these extenders  require a power source or just operate from the cat6 cable from the NVR to the extender?

Just trying to make sure all my ducks are in a row before I venture into doing the install. Someone told me his system shuts down all the time due to not enough voltage and once he switched to PoE+ it fixed his issue.

I am very new to all this so trying to research and learn as much as i can to do this right.

System i have is below.

ReoLink NVR RLN16-1

ReoLink cams are  RLC423 (x5)

ReoLink cam RLC422 (x11)

if these cameras use standard  POE you may need to placce a switch or extender in the 300 ft range to mantain power. There are extenders to go beyond the 300 ft range but one switch may be cheaper.

Hi and thank you for the reply. I’m trying to get a better understanding of what an extender is compared to a injector. If I use an extender does that plug into a outlet at some point? I mean where does it grab it’s power source to enable it to carry the video at longer distances?

can an injector do the same thing? I thought running 150 feet of cat6 directly to my recorder to a injector and then another 200 feet from injector to camera would work. Is this not the case?  I would like each camera on its own channel port of the NVR so if you were running at a distance of roughly 350 or 400 feet how would you go about it going from each channel of a NVR?

I guess and extender would be a passive device but your idea would work  I thought of a switch (not knowing the physical layout) would work as you would only have to power up one device as opposed to several injectors.

I`ve setup a similar system, what I did was run two cables close to your cameras, using one as the main feed, then other as a backup line, connect one to a poe switch, I used the planet ones but i would think any would do, then connect your cameras to the poe switch so doing away with the long cable run. The NVR should then just pick up the cameras on the network.