Sign in to follow this  
Mike48

Security Packages

I'm new to the forum, so if isn't kosher let me know. I'm looking for a home surveillance system but can't find what I want. What companies offer security packages for the home. I don't want a monthly bill. I need it for outside only, and it gets cold in the winter. Totally wireless is a necessity. I'm too old to go crawling through the attic to string wires and cables. Plus, I need a camera in an area where electricity isn't available. I want an eight channel with four cameras initially. I assume I need an NVR system. A one TB HD will be sufficient. I don't want a cloud system.  I would prefer black cameras, and metal versus plastic. Neither is a deal breaker. Is it possible to get such a system and get push notifications and camera access? You can probably tell I'm new at this, so don't be afraid to tell me what I don't know. I found a Lorex system that fit the bill, but I have heard so many horror stories about their customer service that I am wary of using their product. Qsee has a nice system, but, alas, they don't have battery operated cameras. I have looked at Blink, Arlo, Night Owl, Swann, on and on. Oh, and it can't break the bank. I'm looking at $600. I know that won't get me military grade equipment, but it should get me something decent. Thanks for any help.