John Brooks

Android based camera working with Windows pc.

Hello Forum

This is my first post and I am a beginner as far as understanding any concepts regarding set up and cross platform connections.

My problem is I have purchased a WiFi camera to be mounted externally at home. The setup for the camera involves an application called LiveYes to be on my phone. I have a Samsung phone so it is an Android device. This works ok so far. I also want to be able to view the camera on my pc which is a Widows 10 pc.

My question is, can this be achieved or are android and windows incompatible?

I hope someone out there may be able to offer advice.

Thanks  John Brooks

Jerome thanks for the response. I have tried Bluestacks but it slowed down the pc.

Tomcctv thanks for the response. I don't use the cloud option on the camera. Is it the case that without an emulator I can't see the output on my pc?

40 minutes ago, John Brooks said:

Jerome thanks for the response. I have tried Bluestacks but it slowed down the pc.

Tomcctv thanks for the response. I don't use the cloud option on the camera. Is it the case that without an emulator I can't see the output on my pc?

Hi. I left a link for Windows software in my last post. 

Did id you set up port forwarding for your camera ?

Hi Tomcctv

The download link you suggested is the one I have tried before. It downloads ok but when I try to run it the files are corrupted.

9 minutes ago, John Brooks said:

Hi Tomcctv

The download link you suggested is the one I have tried before. It downloads ok but when I try to run it the files are corrupted.

Hi. It's not corrupt...... Your PC is doing its job on blocking it.

to run it you will need to switch off firewalls and any antivirus software......then go into Internet security options and switch to low and also ignore unsafe certificate....... None of which I would recommend 

9 minutes ago, John Brooks said:

Hi Tom As I mentioned before I am a novice. Can you explain the port forwarding please?

Port forwarding is how you setup your camera to view on your smart devices....

the safe way is to setup yourself ..... But if you already have yours setup you either used software that came with your camera or you used a QR code .... In which case the camera setup it's self 

Thanks Tom. You have waved enough red flags for me. I am returning the camera to Amazon and will look for something better. Thanks for the advice.