Does anyone have any experience with retail IP cameras that have integrated PIRs?  I'm thinking of cameras capable of 3,4,5 and 8 MP resolution.  I see some on the market, but would be interested to hear from someone who owns some of these - especially in regard to the effectiveness of the PIR.

I currently have very nice quality separately powered PIRs to control alarm notifications to set recording on a few of my cameras.  But, this required extra power supplies for each PIR, and add'l effort over and above the camera installation.  If I were to replace my NVR one day and upgrade for higher resolution, I might like to consider a camera that contains its own PIR.

Thank you,

Jim

Hi. The problem with the dahua is it’s cheap made and it’s not a ptz like it says in dahua spec. 

another pointless camera built in pir with siren but can only be used internal not outdoors and cable management is useless 

mots always best to use separate sensors like redwall or gjd sensors 

Hi TomCCTV - thanks for your reply.  I'm not actually looking for the camera that the other person referenced!  I'm looking for something equivalent to what Swann sells, which is not a Hikvision any longer.  I have the 2DSC Cams - or something along those lines - an 8 CH NVR w/ 8 bullet cams.  I've been very happy with the build quality of my 2 MP cams.  But, I'm interested (for the coolness factor) of the much higher resolution available nowadays.  I'd love to have the 8 MP (4K) cams, or perhaps a combo of the 5 and 8 MP cams.  I've observed that a handful of Mfrs are now selling their cams with the integrated PIRs.  So that's what I'm trying to understand - the effectiveness of those PIRs. 

I have to believe that my own PIRs (Optex LX402) are far better than what's crammed into the cam housing.  Unfortunately, the newer NVRs do not have the alarm panels that mine does - allowing me to integrate the PIR w/ the NVR.  

Thankfully, my old NVR8-7200 (Swann) is still working very well.  I just wish I could have the same, but w/ higher Res.

Jim

The OP asked me to clean up this thread - actually wanted it deleted. So please don't create arguments here fenderman. 

On 5/7/2019 at 10:12 PM, larry said:

The OP asked me to clean up this thread - actually wanted it deleted. So please don't create arguments here fenderman. 

I dont understand,  OP wants misinformation? TomCCTV  posted misinformation about this camera not being suitable for outdoors, despite its ip66 rating. He has yet to correct his post which tells me it was deliberate. 

hd980 - I AM the OP.  And, no, I do not want misinformation.  I could care less about the discussion about whether some particular camera is PTZ or not PTZ.  I also don't care whether the camera of previous discussion is indoor / outdoor, IP66 or IP10.  What I do care about is the subject of my original thread - which is all about the effectiveness of newer cameras that contain a built-in PIR

I would like to learn about user's personal experience with retail cameras that have such built-in PIR.  Are they happy with the heat detection, is the range effective for their intended usage, do they consider them reliable, etc.  That was the intent of my thread - and I have yet to hear anyone comment on this.  If you have personal experience with cameras that contain a PIR, then I'd love to hear from you.

Jim

IMO - TomCCTV has provided a lot of helpful and useful information over the years.  Even if he made a mistake (which we all do), let's not get fixated on beating him up.  Thank you to the moderator for cleaning up this thread to help keep it focused.

Don’t think I made a mistake 

and as for the new revised spec ...... which again is full of crap ....

dahua have now invented a FIXED motorised lens 

over sales on a spec again  ...... I’ll  get crap from the other two for pointing it out ..... but am only reading the spec posted   

The camera only has a fixed 2.8 lens ..... it does not have any motorised lens.. and that’s with me playing with one not just reading a spec  

SB_jim 

it’s all about when a cctv system becomes a gimmick or something to protect  

these new cams with flashing lights and siren on motion detection only gives more alert to where camera is located....... which is the last thing you want 

also you might not want a camera we’re morion is detected  

a few mass produce companies are trying the all in one cam ..... and some only work on that manufactures recorders

optex (redwall) or gjd are both market leaders in detection  

mans gives a better 20m range 

as for the new revised spec ...... which again is full of crap

As for me, I would trust factory specs over personal opinions in forums.

5 minutes ago, 51cent said:

As for me, I would trust factory specs over personal opinions in forums.

My point ..... fixed motorised lens .... how is that done ..... by magic ? Then the same spec tells you it’s 2.8 

i would also trust hands on  more than specs

On 5/9/2019 at 3:00 PM, SB_Jim said:
On 5/9/2019 at 3:00 PM, SB_Jim said:

hd980 - I AM the OP.  And, no, I do not want misinformation.  I could care less about the discussion about whether some particular camera is PTZ or not PTZ.  I also don't care whether the camera of previous discussion is indoor / outdoor, IP66 or IP10.  What I do care about is the subject of my original thread - which is all about the effectiveness of newer cameras that contain a built-in PIR

I would like to learn about user's personal experience with retail cameras that have such built-in PIR.  Are they happy with the heat detection, is the range effective for their intended usage, do they consider them reliable, etc.  That was the intent of my thread - and I have yet to hear anyone comment on this.  If you have personal experience with cameras that contain a PIR, then I'd love to hear from you.

Jim

IMO - TomCCTV has provided a lot of helpful and useful information over the years.  Even if he made a mistake (which we all do), let's not get fixated on beating him up.  Thank you to the moderator for cleaning up this thread to help keep it focused.

If that is the case you would perform a simple google search on the camera and find real world experiences rather than rely on someone like tom who has never seen this camera and has very limited experience with the various available models other than what he reads about online. 

HD908 - You seem to be a person of very small character - choosing to take every opportunity to belittle another contributor.  You simply cannot resist taking a "pot shot" at another person who you disagree with.  Even after the moderator cleaned-up my thread to eliminate the pointless / useless / child-like comments you are prone to post - one again you unleash trash.  If you ever see a thread that I have initiated in the future, please feel free to stay out of the discussion.  You are not welcome - and nothing you have contributed has provided one single benefit to me.

On 5/18/2019 at 7:43 PM, SB_Jim said:

HD908 - You seem to be a person of very small character - choosing to take every opportunity to belittle another contributor.  You simply cannot resist taking a "pot shot" at another person who you disagree with.  Even after the moderator cleaned-up my thread to eliminate the pointless / useless / child-like comments you are prone to post - one again you unleash trash.  If you ever see a thread that I have initiated in the future, please feel free to stay out of the discussion.  You are not welcome - and nothing you have contributed has provided one single benefit to me.

Lol. Love Love Love the fact that I got under your skin for calling you out for being lazy. No effort to perform a basic search.  You are no deserving of my advice, now go buy crap, you deserve it. In fact, take all toms advice, you deserve to suffer the consequences.  Tom has not answered ONE of your questions. In fact he has no experience with ANY camera with built in PIR. He is a trunk slammer installing basic kits - whatever makes him more money.  I belittle lazy people like you. I belittle folks like tom who deliberately post FALSE information.  

Boogeyman.   Like you have been told for years you know nothing about me. 

But trust me I don’t need to make money. Been there done that 

in one case not that long ago someone had a problem with a ptz on the forum. I was at his home the next day ..... 3700 mile away and no money past hands I charged him a cup of coffee.   Been good friends since. 

Yes the cctv industry has been good to me over 30 years Dominican Republic America Spain uk have all been good areas for me. So far from how you say working out of a trunk. 

But the forum is a place to help and give something back 

I don’t have to hide like you when you change your name every 5 minutes on forums because your advice is crap and lies 

if you want to spend your life going around forums changing your name ever few months and hijack posts   .... then that’s a good productive life for you. 

Which is probably a better solution than you dealing with the public

Woehaa..."go buy crap, you deserve it"....that's the typical child-like language of the Fenderman prick. He threw me of the forum several times because he couldn't stand any comment on Blueiris.

Oh yes, I'm still on the forum...luckely VPN's exist , so he doesn't know. Sometimes he throws me off the forum again...and again I'm back :)

Think i need to post a compilation of all the mails i got from him...so people get to know him better.

Fenderman does have a unique way getting his message across. ? Even if you don't like him, there is much valuable info at that site.