mr81

I can not add my NVR to iVMS-4200 - Password wrong

Hello all. Please help.
I have HiWatch NVR DS-N608. Few months it was working perfect with VMS-4200 software, but after reinstall my Windows I can not connect iVMS-4200 to the NVR. The software is telling me "wrong password". The password is not wrong, because I can login via Internet Explorer. Even when I change it and restart the NVR, the iVMS is telling me the same "wrong password".

0-02-04-6f58d960f1ba2a5f1fe045a21f689f1acaa6a4663a03c7c47ca6938ea42aee71_863b8426.jpg

did you try to remove the device and add again. also try to create a new admin user and try to add it.

Thank you Ahamed. According the manufacturer the solution is other: 

"Dear Customer,

All your devices are Old HiWatch series, which are incompatible with Hikvision iVMS software.

You can use HiWatch series’ own iVMS software to fix the problem.

Best regards"

This is interesting, I am trying to get iVMS-4200 to work with Hiwatch NVR and get the same problem. Did using the old Hiwatch version solve the problem?

I have seen on ipcamtalk that someone found they could get it to work if they changed their network structure - I think they had to have the NVR and computer both cabled directly to the router, but it's not clear from the post.

M.fielding, I fixed the problem following the advice.

"Dear Customer,

All your devices are Old HiWatch series, which are incompatible with Hikvision iVMS software.

You can use HiWatch series’ own iVMS software to fix the problem."

Sorry, but that doesn't work. I installed "Guarding Expert" v2.6.1.50 from GuardingExpert.exe that I found on the HiWatch mini-CDs that came with the NVR or cameras. Same problem, it says the password is wrong.

Now I found out that the HiWatch NVR also says incorrect password when it tries to connect to a Hikvision camera. It appears Hikvision have deliberately made them incompatible.