wotnwabbit

Who owns the video?

I recently bought a Kuna front door video surveillance system.   The video is captured by a camera that I OWN.  The video travels over a LAN that I OWN.  From there it goes over the internet to Kuna cloud servers.   Kuna wants to charge me a monthly or yearly fee to be able to download the video that I already (to my mind) own.  There is no method of local storage for the video.

The company was apparently started by two men who appear to be oriental (Chinese) and may have a different conception of property rights than I do as an American.

Anybody else see the basis for a class action suit here?  Is this a common practice when it shouldn't be?

Please don't tell me "That's just the way it is".

10 minutes ago, wotnwabbit said:

Please don't tell me "That's just the way it is".

Hi. That is the way it is with 3rd party cloud system. 

16 minutes ago, wotnwabbit said:

Anybody else see the basis for a class action suit here?  Is this a common practice when it shouldn't be?

You would have to take the lawsuit to China  and you would be wasting a lot of money. 

Best option would be to reinstall sometime better and something with a recorder or sd card and stay away from out of country cloud services

Thanks for the reply.

I see your point. 

This Kuna replaced existing dawn to dusk ornamental lantern type fixture at my front door.  I'd like to keep it.  Clear picture, microphone, speaker, looks good, etc.

I've been trying to find software that can intercept the video but so far no luck.

Any suggestions for the software?

Read amazon cloud terms ...... not good 

amazon also bought uk ring security 

terms are amazon can use your camera at anytime 

3rd party are never private