Sign in to follow this  
Azmort

Smart PSS crashing

Hello there, I have a big setup, 180~ IP cameras over wireless that connects to a 28 port Switch and to 15 +- NVRs, I have a powerful PC (core i9, 24gb RAM, storage is a 1TB M2 disk) connected to 12 monitors.

I'm using only Dahua so I'm using SmartPSS, I know I should upgrade to a DSS and we are currently trying to purchase one but in the meantime I need that all I have works properly.

So the issues are that I only can use 4 monitors, I'm using Sanboxie to run a second instance of Smart PSS, but sometimes it freezes and then crashes. Some time ago we could check the playback with several cameras at once, but now I can't check more than 11 at once and even I must close all the videos before attempting to check other cameras.

Also I have an IVSS (bad choice from other people involved) and it seems to be defective because when I'm configuring it, it randomly shows a loss of format on the HDDs, then it starts beeping and reboots, we are on our way to send it to our provider.

I've read about Blue Iris and it probably could help, but I'm not sure it will fulfill all my needs, any suggestions. Thanks ind advance.

What version of Windows are you using? In Windows 10 i have noticed the latest updates has made SmartPss run poorly. Try rolling back or uninstall the updates to the date you know it was working. 

On 5/16/2019 at 1:59 PM, Azmort said:

Hello there, I have a big setup, 180~ IP cameras over wireless that connects to a 28 port Switch and to 15 +- NVRs, I have a powerful PC (core i9, 24gb RAM, storage is a 1TB M2 disk) connected to 12 monitors.

I'm using only Dahua so I'm using SmartPSS, I know I should upgrade to a DSS and we are currently trying to purchase one but in the meantime I need that all I have works properly.

So the issues are that I only can use 4 monitors, I'm using Sanboxie to run a second instance of Smart PSS, but sometimes it freezes and then crashes. Some time ago we could check the playback with several cameras at once, but now I can't check more than 11 at once and even I must close all the videos before attempting to check other cameras.

Also I have an IVSS (bad choice from other people involved) and it seems to be defective because when I'm configuring it, it randomly shows a loss of format on the HDDs, then it starts beeping and reboots, we are on our way to send it to our provider.

I've read about Blue Iris and it probably could help, but I'm not sure it will fulfill all my needs, any suggestions. Thanks ind advance.

reinstall