Sign in to follow this  
freakwent

Resolution Headaches

Hello!

Please, if you can give any suggestion at all, do so! I am *stuck*.

I have new HD analog cameras, capable of modern high resolutions, this model:

https://www.hikvision.com/en/Products/Analog-Camera/Turbo-HD-Camera/HD1080P/Outdoor-Dome/DS-2CE56D7T-VPIT

I have an NVR, DS-7208HVI-ST/SE.

I have created (with BNC crimps) an new BNC-BNC cable and connected the camera to the NVR.

I have no camera image on the NVR.  I believe that it's working properly.

Questions include:

1) How can I tell if the camera is working? No LEDs, no POE, no ethernet lights (lol) -- it's just a black box.  How can I be sure it's even on?

2) How does the camera and the nvr negotiate a working resolution? Do I need to buy ones that match, and I didn't, so that's it; I need to buy new cameras? In which case,  where on earth can I buy 4CIF cameras?  There appears to be no option to configure resolutions on the the camera or the NVR, i had been half expecting to find dip switches.

3) Does anyone know how I can get hold of Hikvision to get an admin password reset on the NVR? USA support refer me to Australia, and Australian support ignore my emails.  Online services don't yield a working unlock key.

It comes from a site with existing hybrid power/coax cable runs, and I don't want to recable the whole building, so i want to keep the working cameras and the cables that are there, which means there's little point replacing the NVR, because I'd just be replacing a working analog NVR with another unit of basically the same thing.

Thanks sincerely in advance for any advice or suggestions!

you're problem is that you are trying to connect an ANALOG camera to a NVR system, they are not compatible. you need to return the HD Analog camera and purchase an IP network camera

like ebay item# 292900457081