Sign in to follow this  
jgomez

16 ch shopping center

I got a big job coming up , do a shopping center with 16 ch nvr some motorized cameras 1 5-50 mm, 2 2-12 mm, the others 4 mm domes using 2 mp cameras , using  nvr amcrest dvr so I can record and playback 1080p . I running coaxial areial wire bc most wire  be exposed to sunlight. Cameras I plan on purchasing are from a new company  GNS , the claim their cameras are HIK VIS but without the name brand. Has anyone bought from them before. My concern are these cameras really from HIK VIS or not. Also in installing systems for customers , sometimes the diy buys his equipment and I install. I get complaints about logging into Swann, Lorex, Owl,andyou  others . I go check it out and system is  working I always hardwire Ethernet cable as close as possible to dvr/ nvr.it seems those systems servers bottle neck and causes problems . When I do Amcrest dvr/ nvr I never get those complaints . This why I sticking to Amcrest NVR recorder because it always been reliable. Like to hear your thoughts as to what system you would recommend . As always  customer wants as low price he an getaway with . But he wants decent quality.

When someone asks you to do a install you have two options .... you can say yes or no. 

Dont take this the wrong way but in your case I would say no.. 

fitting a domestic system into a shopping centre is your first mistake. 

Have your worked out the storage needed for 24/7 with motorised ?      That system can’t do the storage you need so how will you retain/ store 

your talking dvr and nvr and coax so which platform are you installing 

also 2mp ...... look at something better ....why install something that is already out of date

what country are you in