madmandare

Running a 15 metre HDMI cable for 2nd monitor

Hi,

I have an 8 channel 1080p Hikvision DVR and Cameras. 

I have two 1080p monitors. One close to the DVR and connected via a short HDMI cable and one in another room that needs to be connected via a long 15 metre cable.

The second monitor supports 1080p, but does not have a HDMi port. And i know that running a 15m SVGA cable won't work with 1080p.

Would it be possible for me to run buy a splitter and run a 15m 2nd HDMI cable from the HDMI port of the DVR and then just on the other end, convert that to SVGA to connect to the 2nd monitor.

I've read though that maybe by DVR won't have the GPU power to push 1080p across any 15m cable, even if it is a good HDMI cable. 

As my DVR failed to supply a 1080p signal using a 15m SVGA cable, but when i tried the same cable connected to my PC, my PC was able to push a 1080p signal to the same monitor.

At the moment, i can get the 2nd monitor to work using a 15m SVGA cable, if i reduce the resolution of display down to 1024 x 1280 for both outputs / monitors.  Which is annoying as i prefer the full 1080p. 

What would be an easy fix would be if i could set a different resolution for each output. So 1080 x 1920 for the HDMI port and first monitor and 1024 x 1280 for my SVGA port and second monitor.

Cheers