Sign in to follow this  
corviarbob

what analog camera will work

i want to install bullet type cameras inside my house i have 8 outside and i need to find out how to tell what the field of view is? 720p and 1080p for me only lengths the field of view. i see a bit wider view with the 1080p camera but in a room i see less and the 1080p seem to make the image look like it is further away. the 720p make the image more real. but in a room i see maybe half the room if i have them in a corner. so what do i look for when picking cameras.

i really do not want fisheye lenses as those are just so hard to focus on anything that to me they are worthless. now it may be that there is not any cams that can show a room complete when in a corner but i have to ask. so do they make this type of cam? and what do they call them? thanks

you need to focus on the lens remember the lower the lens MM the wider the view gets usually for 2.8MM will do that will give you approximate 120 degree field of view ( give or take )

As has been said above you will need to focus on the lens size as this is what will dictate your field of view. The smaller the lens size the wider the view you will get.