Willie

Need Help Picking a Camera

I am installing 4 cameras around the exterior of my house. We plan to live in that house for a long time. So, I want to buy the best cameras in hopes that they will give me excellant service for many years. I am willing to spend up to $700 per camera. And, what I have in mind is a bullet camera, low light capable, IR for night vision, heated for my cold winters, auto iris and varifocal lens.

With that background, here is my question: I am looking for a camera manufacturer who has the reputation for making the best cameras. If you know of a particular model from that maufacturer that is the best, please also let me know.

Thanks, Willie

The maximum distance for the IR detection is about 50 feet.

One camera needs to have about a 45 degree field of view. By this I mean, if you draw a line down the longitudinal axis of the camera, the camera needs to see everything from the axis to 45 degrees to one side. The other cameras only need 25-30 degrees for field of view.

I hope this helps.

Willie

The one concern I have about the Extreme camera is its lack of electrical heating. Here in Minnesota it gets mighty cold in the winter. I wouldn't want the camera to freeze-up like our cars do!