Sign in to follow this  
Kawaii81

Help! Samsung DVR date and time moving FORWARD -- weird, right?

Hello all!

I have the Samsung security setup and have had this system for about....3 or 4 years now. Never had any problems with it. I recently noticed that my date and time were WAY off. 

So I corrected the date and time, logged out, restarted, logged in...and everything was fine! I didn't think anything of it after that.

A few days later, I noticed again, it was off. So I did the process once more. When I did it that day, everything ran was fine.

A checked the following morning to make sure...But I noticed that the date was the next day's date, but the time was correct. So, it jumped forward a day. For example: I corrected the date on June 20th, the next morning when I check, it will say June 22nd, instead of June 21.  

If I run into the weekend (we are not open on Sundays) the TIME will also be incorrect as well as the date.

So, I am not running into an issue with the timestamp resetting or anything like that...It seems to be a glitch in making it go FORWARD.  It's just confusing the poo outta me right now because I've never encountered a situation like this in any electronic in my life. 

I have tried setting the DST (? -- DTS?) I have tried setting the GMT setting. I have logged out and rebooted. I unplugged everything. Still no success -- obviously :classic_blush:.

It is not hooked up to the internet. It does have a surge protector battery backup.

I do not know exactly what the model is on the system. It's just the generic one you can get at Sams club. I can't check at this moment because I am not at the shop. I am so sorry, but any advice on what I can check up on would be appreciated greatly.

Thank you all so much!!!

Jay

Hi sounds like your internal battery is on it’s way out 

you will see it as soon as you open the case if I remember right it’s a 2032 button cell 3v can be bought from most stores 

the battery is only used for time keeping

5 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

you will see it as soon as you open the case if I remember right it’s a 2032 button cell 3v can be bought from most stores 

Sweeet! I will try this as soon as I can! Thank You!!!

On 6/20/2019 at 12:25 PM, tomcctv said:

Alrighty, I'm back! 

You were correct that it was the 2032 battery in the system. But after I changed the battery and checked the next day, the date and time is still jumping forward.?

Is there something else I could possibly check?

Jay