Trutemp

CCTV Help Required Please

Hi, 

Thought id post a question here as I can’t seem to get straight answeres from shops or they just try to smell me any old crap. 

Im after a CCTV kit 8ch NVR but i only want 4/5 cameras but I may add 1 or 2 in future hence 8ch nvr

its going onto a standard 4 bed detached property I’ve already got an old 2mp cheap Ebay job on my house which is useless. With all the break ins lately I’ve caught people on my cctv but the image quality is so poor and stuttery it’s pointless having it (2mp POE Annke off eBay) (cheap)

So it’s getting ripped out n dashed! I don’t want to pay cheap again I’m hoping £1000 which was my budget could see me a half decent system? 

Now my neighbour has just had a SWANN 4K 885NSB installed and he loves it. However I was under the impression SWANN was gash? 

But maybe I’m wrong I have no idea only I know maplins use to sell them. Perhaps the new stuff is good? Failing that I’m seeing Hikvision a lot but when I call shops they won’t talk to me as I’m not an installer and then people on eBay only have Chinese ones. (Not sure who to believe or what’s genuine with it all)

Other brands I’ve come across PROLUX, DAHUA 

As you guys are the pros and probs install this daily what’s your recommendations for me? Don’t forget I’ve got £1000+ VAT to spend as I’ll claim it through my company. I’ll install it myself as I’m an engineer I’ll run some CAT 6 in and all the usual stuff its just the kit I need help on. 

Midlands based if there any places local that sell good kits other then online  

cheers guys 

I don't know offhand which one it is but I believe Swann is either manufactured by Hikvision or Dahua. I've not heard of Prolux.

You should go over to your neighbors house and check his system out and come to your own conclusion concerning it's quality.

Thanks Larry, it’s not the quality it’s everything else with CCTV, longevity, build quality ease of use ect. Hence why I’m asking on a CCTV forum. I ain’t going round he’s house playing with it for an hour lol it’s 4k so obviously good quality. But so I’m my 2mp camera in broad day light. Come night tho it’s slow laggy when people walk past, software is horrid to use. 

Just want a recommended brand that people go to... someone must be able to advise on a cctv forum 

2 minutes ago, Trutemp said:

Thanks Larry, it’s not the quality it’s everything else with CCTV, longevity, build quality ease of use ect. Hence why I’m asking on a CCTV forum. I ain’t going round he’s house playing with it for an hour lol it’s 4k so obviously good quality. But so I’m my 2mp camera in broad day light. Come night tho it’s slow laggy when people walk past, software is horrid to use. 

Just want a recommended brand that people go to... someone must be able to advise on a cctv forum 

Hi. There are two types of 4K in cctv licence and unlicensed...... unlicensed is not true 4K and is common.......Swann is low budget and sold everywhere in the uk .... pc world are one seller and if you go and look at there 4K you will see how poor it is .....FPS are down to 5 FPS (frames per second)and it does struggle 

also it’s not backward compatable. 

Dahua and hikvision may also be a mistake in the uk and end up you might be wasting money ...new report comes out July 

£1000 is a good budget so with that budget I would stay away from eBay and Amazon 

qvis is a uk company with uk based p2p and uk cloud which is important China based p2p and cloud is not good

This is the sort of answer I was after! Thankyou Tom!! 

I haven’t heard of Avis but I will have a look and see if I can find a seller