ryukson

How to find out the brand

I've got a DVR bought several years ago. I would like to check if there has been a new firmware released, but I don't know the brand name nor anything which would point to one. Does anyone have a clue about where to check to find it out?

I'm attaching a screenshot about current system info.

Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, ryukson said:

I've got a DVR bought several years ago. I would like to check if there has been a new firmware released, but I don't know the brand name nor anything which would point to one. Does anyone have a clue about where to check to find it out?

Capture.PNG

Hi. Firmware update most of the time on generic units kills them. 

Why do you need firmware ? It does not make your system newer 

Looks like it's not worth to risk it then. I always try to keep my units updated therefore I thought to update this one too after seeing the launch date. I will stick with the current FW then.

On 6/28/2019 at 10:43 AM, ryukson said:

Capture.PNG

This is a TVT clone DVR. The menu is TVT. No use to upgrade it. This menu is discontinued due to hacking issues. I recommend to use their new N9000 H265 systems. Much more improved and safer.

On 7/22/2019 at 3:14 AM, atm.alarms said:

This is a TVT clone DVR. The menu is TVT. No use to upgrade it. This menu is discontinued due to hacking issues. I recommend to use their new N9000 H265 systems. Much more improved and safer.

You got to be a fool to expose any of their NVR;s to the internet. The n9000 is not any safer. Full of unpatched security holes. Will be even worse when they stop updating firmware in a few months deeming it EOL. Use a vpn.