Harrar

Outdoor Camera Installation with PPC or PDA

I'm sure this is a "fun" topic for everyone. Up on a ladder or lift, trying to adjust outdoor cameras with the monitor 2 rooms over and 2 flights down and talking over your cell phone or walkie-talkie as you make your adjustments.

My question is has anyone tried hooking up a WIFI transmitter to a camera and using a WIFI equipped pocket PC as a video monitor to make the adjustments.

Thought I'd throw it out to this forum and see if anyone tried it before I buy a wireless transmitter and found out I'm wasting my time.

Thanks, in advance

also remember that the equipment used to focus is not always the best quality and it will effect your overall ability to properly focus. cheap hand held monitors produce cheap images. I used the cheap onitor to get my field of view and then use the CM-2 to focus it. When I did not have the CM-2 I focused on the ladder, and almost everytime it was not perfect. The CM-2 takes the human and cheap equipment out of the equasion.

I can focus with the best of them with my "cheap" handheld. then again my eyesight is pretty good. One of my techs has lousy eyesight and I have to go back and readjust, albeit slightly. The glare from sunlight tends to washout the monitor outdoors, but the little supercircuits unit has an eyecup that works pretty good.

Prefocus the cameras at your office location. Do this in low light for Day Night cameras. When you goto the location you should not be wasting time focusing, especially when you have to deal with lighting issues like the glare from the sun, and also when dealing with Day Night setups.

You can use a Ganz Viewfinder to get the exact focal length needed for each location.

yeah, well i'd like to say i test and setup every camera in my shop before going to the customer location and climbing up the ladder, but that doesnt always happen.