Sign in to follow this  
rt050

Dahua NVR with Hikvision Cameras - Big issue

Hi All,

So I've had an existing set-up running for a while now with mostly Hikvision dome cameras into a Dahua NVR. At the time of install the Dahua cameras were quite difficult to get, only available from US and on ebay (not the best if they break). So decided to install Hikvision using ONVIF. Great!

I've started to notice, and have reports of the footage having pauses every so often. I could probably live with this but this is for a busy bar and we have about 25 or so Hikvision cameras running over 2 Dahua NVRs. Of course fast forward today, there's lots of Dahua cameras available to buy.

Anyway, has anybody had this issue (screenshot below) and any pointers in fixing it? Other than buying all new cameras or a Hikvision NVR, which I don't want to do.

Thanks in advance.

Dahua issue.png

1. i never recommend you push 2 major competitors system to work together. over these years, i have been so many conflict when dahua work with hikvision.

2. the green bar is for 24/7 recording, it shouldn't have black out, so my question is this is for just 1 camera, right? if so, please check if this camera is on and off frequently.

Yep. I agree but a few years ago, there wasn't many Dahua cameras available in the UK at a decent price to buy in bulk. I picked the job off an electrician who had already bought the NVR.

The green bar you can see if 40 mins actually. This is happening on all Hikvision cameras...

I have also mixed Dahua NVR with Hikvision (Hiwatch) cameras in couple of places and I don't have such blackouts on continuous recording timeline. Even motion detection works fine.

I should check NVR log first. Is there any indication of camera going offline?

The best result seems to be to put camera in "camera registration" manufacturer->ONVIF, RTSP port->Self-adaption, HTTP port->80, decode buffer->default, remote channel->1 and protocol->auto.

Also in cameras web ui there is some settings for ONVIF, they seem to vary depending of software version. At least ONVIF should be on and one user created for rtsp use.

At home I have an "old" NVR4116H 16-channel recorder which seems to work best. 10 cameras connected, 6 of them are Dahua and 4 Hikvision Hiwatch series.

Second place I have newer NVR4208P-4KS2 8-channel recorder with 2 Dahuas and 2 Hikvisions. There everything is working fine but I just have weird time issue on the playback timeline. When I click on the timeline to start the

play for example 10:05, it starts the video right, I can see the cameras clock is running 10:05 but the cursor on the timeline runs 09:05. It plays the right time (I know it when comparing video content to Dahua cameras) but just the timeline shows

wrong. I have triple checked that the clock in both Hik cameras is right and even disabled DST and put time zone one forward. No effect.

In third place I have NVR4108P with one Planet camera running RTSP and one Hik bullet as ONVIF. It works perfectly fine without time issues also.

If you mix cameras, you may want to look at Blue Iris software. It runs on a computer, no DVR needed. There is a trial version, and the full version costs about $60.