CCTVINSTALLER

Image flipping problems

Anybody had image flipping problems, basically the picture keeps on jumping up and down every now and then. It might be the PSU but im not sure what it is, any one had similar problems?

Its quite a pain, because we use Geovision object counter quite a lot and it gives exaggerated "Ins" and "Outs" because it keeps on jumping, any suggestions?

I'm having the same problem. It's annoying because it triggers the system to start recording based on a motion event. I haven't managed to figure it out but I run my cams from an amateur radio spec 13.8 V DC power supply.

I'm going to try plugging the power supply into my Line regulating UPS to see if it helps (when the adaptor I ordered arrives).

Yea that too rory, it also sets of motion detection, you reckon its the PSU?because someone recommended using an "Elmdene" PSU, i thought it might be something else, anyone got a solution?

I don't think it's the PSU feeding the cams because I've tried using seperate supplies to each cam and the problem is still there. I wondered whether it's a mains supply spike but it doesn't appear on more than one cam at any one time. I'm starting to think that it might just be an anomaly with the Geo card.

what are the cameras rated at, you say you are using 13v? It may not make much of a difference, but you may want to try a 12v also.

Do they roll when you plug them in one at a time, and have your tried them seperately on a TV or CCTV monitor?

Probably gonna need an O-Scope to look at the video signal. Could you tell us a little more about the installation? Like:

- New or Existing installation

- Does problem occur on one or multiple video inputs

- How often is "now and then" when you talk about the video jumping (1x a week or 50x a day)

- Is "jumping" camera(s) indoor or outdoor - Just wondering is problem shows during certain extreme lighting conditions (e.g. bright sunlight, etc.)

- Lighting conditions and reflectance area - (elevator with dark brown interior and a broken light or school with bright white walls, floors and more lighting that a Christmas tree)

- How long is the video run (coax or fiber or tp)

- Any splices in cable run

- What type of cam/lens (board camera or full-body camera)

I recently installed 8 cameras all next to each other in my showroom.

I used RG59 cable and alarm cable, the cable run was probably around 3-4 metres.

It occurs quite often with the geo cards but i've seen it happen on a DVR (AVTECH). I haven't seen it occur on more than one camera at any one time as steve said.

It only happens after you start to record for more than a couple days, and then the camera begins 'flipping' every couple minutes.

I can't really describe lighting but it's quite average, there are a couple of low voltage transformer lights and a pendant light.

As for PSUs, 4 cameras are driven by a 2.5A, 12v regulated PSU. But as i mentioned, it occurs more often with the geo card than any other recording method.

Do you have Line Lock enabled? If so turn it off.

see http://www.fmsystems-inc.com/articles.htm for information on the problems with line lock and over-driven video levels.

We have a Cm-1 Camera Master from FM Systems and it is the best tool for trouble-shooting video systems. (try dragging a O-Scope or a 9" monitor to the top of a 15' ladder).

Buy it directly from them on a credit card (that was almost $200 cheaper than buying it locally from a distributor)

i want one of those camera masters, do they work as good as they appear to do? How good is the focus feature?

Also, how much does it cost?

Thanks

Rory

We paid about $650 Cdn if my memory serves me. (expensive but probably cheaper than an O Scope - and I can teach a guy how to use it in about 10 minutes; a scope would take an hour or more).

The back focus function is slick. With the rotary switch in the focus position you adjust the back focus and watch for the highest reading.

Each camera seems to be different - some come up around 300 and some 500 or more but just adjsut for the highest possible reading and you are focused.

now you still have to drag the little lcd service monitor to the top of the ladder but only to ensure the camera is pointing in the right direction. (am I catching the loading door at the end of the hall?)