Sign in to follow this  
Opeth

Ip cameras and internet connection

Hi all.

Im planing to install ip cameras to my house using Dahua brand. Model of ip cameras HFW4631TP-ASE and NVR2104HS-P-4KS2.

my question is can i do it without internet connection? Because is a new house and the internet will come on many weeks? And if so on the start up of nvr i saw that it requires ip addres sub mask and smdefault gateway.

my second question is after internet cone how to i setup . 

on the ip address that nvr wants is my ip address that i can find from my pc network settings? Or what?

i am a begginer so i expect clear answers. 

thank you

Hi yes the nvr will work without internet on IP cameras 

The IP address will be the address of your box which will need to be on the same lan as the router 

Gateway will be the router IP address that you log into via web browser for admin setup so for example if your router address is 192.168.0.1 your nvr address will be 192.168.0.? Last number is whatever is allocated by router If set to dhcp or stick last couple of digits in yourself 192.168.0.45 for example

Subnet will be 255.255.255.0

Gateway will be something like 192.168.0.1 ( if that's your router address )

Port number use anything other than default http do not use 80 use another set of numbers ie 313

Server port is the nvr connection port which will be default depending on manufacturer change that to another number ie 4534

You'll need to port forward but more about port forwading when your internet service is setup hope that starts you off 

So if i start up without internet connection  i will simply skip the ip address step?

And if i understant the last number of ip address to nvr whateever number i put it is ok?

Think of your internal IP address like extension numbers on a phone system  Bill is at ext 101 and Jills ext is 103  etc.  so if you set up your internal Ip  address for examlpe 10.10.10. 25  for one camera  10.10.10.27 for amother   and set the NVR  to 10.10.10.1 for the NVR  they should all talk to each other  (same subnet 255.255.255.0)  when setting the address set them to static.  So now all the extensions (cameras) are  talking to the main switch(NVR. But they do not talk to the out side world until a connection via router is made to the internet.  So long story short you should be able to view and record your cameras locally without a router or ethernet connection