pigstar

CCTV association!

Hey,

I want to know some CCTV associations in America , do you have some good one?

Best with website.

Tks

Eric

I have never heard of a association exclusively for CCTV. It could be a good idea if legislation attempting to control the industry ever happens. That could happen and groups can have voice. Many CCTV companies work out of Alarm Companies, in that era they have many associations. Many are local and statewide. It's my opinion that alarm operaters are not versed enough on the CCTV field. Time after time, we will go in and replace faulty CCTV syatems installed by alarm operators that believe

it's just a simple thing. CCTV is a industry of it's own and can be very complicated if you do not know what you are doing.

You can learn many things on this board if you are new to CCTV.

I wish you luck in your business .. The oldtimer

It's so true. We are our own industry and we get stuck under the umbrella of the alarm companies. I stress to all my customers that I'm not an alarm company and i only specialize in CCTV. We should start some sort of group.

BSS I should have posted my reply on the open board rathet than the personal message board. This might be of interest to other CCTV dealers.

I f I get a chance I will post it for others to view or if you have time cut and paste it on the open board. My problem is that I'll be away from my computer for the rest of the day and Thursday.

I can't believe that more people dont have a voice on this matter. Maybe thats why things are the way they are.

I've been extensively involved with alarm associations. I think you'll find that most associations operate over a small region to address local concerns.

Also, most associations cover the whole spectrum of low voltage business in order to have maintain a sufficient membership base.

If you want to start an association be prepared to volunteer lots of your time to running it.

I have thought about creating some sort of network of CCTV dealers across the nation. Mainly for business owners who's main business is video surveillance or integration there of. Mainly to share ideas and perspective of being a small business owner and surveillance based installations.

Just a group of people who are not directly competing with each other to exchange information and ideas and experiences within each other to share insight and what we have learned through trial and error.

Security Monster and I have spoken on multiple times before and I know I have benefited a lot in talking with him. We both are in the same boat. Been in business the relatively same amount of time and the couple of times we have talked we have gained a lot of insight as to how others operate.

I think an association or network is a great idea

I main not be able to tell many people how to do some things right

But would be GREAT at telling people how not to do some things!

I think a dedicated association could have a lot of benefits. I agree that CCTV is a separate trade and should be seen accordingly.

I'd certainly love to reap some of the benefits of tighter organization with some field credibility.