Kmag454

HELP ME PLEASEEE

So I’m completely new security systems and need some help hence me being here, I had in mind Hikvision as the camera to go to. If you recommend something else please feel free I’m open to suggestions. Cameras will all be mounted between 8-10ft high total of 7 cameras 2 for the front of the house 2 for the rear 1 on each side and also 1 camera hidden for lpr. Cameras on the side of the house id need a little wider few due to the area of ground it’s covering. Also my biggest concern is being able to identify someone’s face at night. Would it be better to run a dvr or nvr? Do you guys have any recommendations on to which cameras would be best? If so it’d be greatly appreciated! 

You will have better luck with an NVR.  Higher resolution, frame rate, more features.  I would also advise that license plates are all about where you mount the camera, especially at night.  If you get cameras with good IR light you should be able to ID at night.  4K cameras will also make a digital zoom much more useful.  I don't know a ton about hikvision, but the company I work for is a Dahua OEM and I can tell you they make quality cameras that won't break the bank.  I would be happy to recommend a system if you let me know what style of cameras you are looking for (bullet, dome, turret, etc).

I’m interested in turrets due to the fact I need the wide angle and the majority of the cameras are facing towards the sun therefore dimes wouldn’t be my best bet

The 2K @ 30FPS turrets that we sell are definitely our most popular camera.  200ft night vision and they record audio.  The 2K image is great too.  The Dahua part number is   IPC-HDW4431EMN-AS-0280B-S2 and ours is MTT4104.