LesB

"Disconnect network is error" Driving me crazy!

Hi. I have a Nightpro four channel H.264 dvr viewable over my home lan using CMS software on my Pc. I only use two channels and it works ok except that it freezes every couple of minutes for a minute or two and I can see "Disconnect network is error" in the log until it recovers. I have had the system running for the last couple of years and experienced that very occasionally and maybe for only a few seconds at a time. I could live with that. Clearly what I am experiencing now is unworkable. I think the DVR is working fine as there are no freezes on the local monitor. I have changed the IP address to see if that helps at all and I can't see that it made any difference.

Any idea why that is happening. And while I'm at it, is the generic CMS software the only thing I can use? Is there something better available?

Any help much appreciated. If I still had hair I'd be in fear of losing it.

1 hour ago, jeromephone said:

is it possible you have a duplicate ip address between the dvr an another device on the network

Hi. Thanks. I thought that might be the case so I have changed the IP address to various others but it makes no difference. This is so driving me mad!

I had an old router configured as an access point in my garden office so I took the connections off that and fitted a new unmanaged switch on a new cat7 cable run back to the house where the main router is. I left the old router in the office on the old cat 6 cable back to the main router in the house so I get WiFi for my phone. Nothing else is connected to it now. That didn't help so today I have fitted a new router in the house. That hasn't helped either! The new router (Netgear AC1900 Nighthawk) has a facility to see attached devices. I can see all the IP addresses and there appears to be no obvious conflict.

I don't know why this is now a problem. The original setup had been working well for over four years. I have the CCTV display in view as I speak and it freezes and drops out every few minutes. I see someone come to the door, it freezes and then when it reappears the person has gone! I know not where, presumably gone away but who knows lol.

I'm grateful for any help on this!!

Disconnects.jpg

Thanks for your input guys. However, and I'm hoping I haven't spoken too soon but I think I cracked it! Not for the first time I have dragged the DVR out of the cupboard and taken it apart. First time was just to change the battery out for a new one as the date wasn't being held. This time I dragged it out and pulled all the internal connections to the board and hard drive. Worked the connectors on and off a few times before putting it all back together. So far I have only one entry on the log; 'Connect successful'. It's only been fifteen minutes but not a single disconnect!! Previously I'd have had about four or more by now.  Time will tell but for now, fingers crossed.

It's always possible of course that my misfortune and action to hopefully resolve this will benefit someone else some time.

Thanks for being here for me guys, it's been emotional :-)

cctv stable.png

Just looks like your up has changed... see what happens in a day or so.

i see your unit uses Xmeye software  

are you using any other devices to view your system and who’s cms are you using

13 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Just looks like your up has changed... see what happens in a day or so.

i see your unit uses Xmeye software   

are you using any other devices to view your system and who’s cms are you using

Hi. I'm pleased to say that hours later it is still running without disconnects. Clearly one of the connectors inside the DVR was the issue and removing and refitting them all a few times to clear the metal to metal contacts has worked.

Yes, I'm using Xmeye on my two PCs . Exact version of CMS as per attached pic. I'd be very interested to know if there are any workable alternatives though!

CMS ver.png

Hi. Check your log on your router .... then check the ip address the same time you have the problem xmeye monitors your system from China and that slows down your system 

cleaning your connections won’t change your local IP address .... which means you have DHCP is always active in your dvr network settings which is not good 

your two images also shows that your network security is a problem 

your first shows your local ip as 192.168.1.236

your second image shows it as 192.168.1.10

yet it still allows you to login without you having to change anything ....... you should not of been able to of used your CMS 

you are not connecting to your dvr with your local ip ...... you are always connecting to xmeye cloud server which is China based and not a good idea

30 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. Check your log on your router .... then check the ip address the same time you have the problem xmeye monitors your system from China and that slows down your system 

cleaning your connections won’t change your local IP address .... which means you have DHCP is always active in your dvr network settings which is not good 

your two images also shows that your network security is a problem 

your first shows your local ip as 192.168.1.236

your second image shows it as 192.168.1.10

yet it still allows you to login without you having to change anything ....... you should not of been able to of used your CMS 

you are not connecting to your dvr with your local ip ...... you are always connecting to xmeye cloud server which is China based and not a good idea

Hi Tom. Don't be mislead by the change in IP address. I changed it myself as a part of the diagnostic process. The .236 address is what I have used for years and the .10 is the default I reset it to. But I now have it back on .236 and it's been running for nearly 24 hours now without dropout. DHCP is not enabled. It is without doubt that I had a contact deterioration with one of the connectors within the DVR itself. Resolved by taking the connectors off and making numerous reconnects before putting it back together.

Anyway, I am obviously interested in the security thing. I did have to change the IP address in the CMS to connect to the dvr. I assumed that meant that I was in fact only connecting within my local network. You clearly know way more about this than I so can you comment on that please. Given that I have deliberately changed the IP and had to search for and add the DVR in the CMS setup, does that mean I am indeed only on my local network?  I don't like the idea of any connection to China so even if I am happily on my own network at home I would also like to see the CCTV on my phone from anywhere. Any suggestions on the best Android app and setup there is very welcome. I have used 'vMEyecloud' before but don't currently have that set up and that certainly sounds like a China link there. I guess there are better choices. Comments eagerly invited.

Thanks, Les