MLinks

Solution Recommendations Plz

Customer has one 50"LCDTV, three 22"LCD’s, and one 17"LCD for DVR system, one GV-800 DVR , only 7 cams will be used. 50"LCDTV and the three 22"lcds are about 70 ft away from DVR location. Customer wants to be able to view all 7cams on the big screen when ever he feels like it, so for that I figured GV-DSP8, but also wants to view the all 7 cams on one of the 22 inch LCD’s 24/7 and wants to use the other two 22 inch LCD’s as spot monitors where he can see any one or more of the 7 cams at any given time.

Edited by Guest

You could do this by using the dsp card and 8 rf modulators. Either T off or us an 8 in 16 out amp so you have video going into the geo system and the modulators.

That way as long as you can break into the aerial loop the Tv's can tune in a channel to the DSP output (all 7), and each individual camera.

It might be a struggle fitting 8 modulators in a row, most i've done is 4 but there is no reason it shouldn't work.

Hope this helps

actually I was thinking of using a VGA Y spliter from the DVR to the 17"LCD that will be next to the DVR and the other end to one of the 22"LCDs, then I would use two pc's to each of the other 2 22"LCDs and network them with one of Geos network options, that way less wires. Now I just need to research the options and choose the best opt.

Any suggestions let me know plz.

If client has the $$ you could use something like the GE Matrix and GE Keypad ... use the Loopout card for Geo and out to the mux, and then the keyboard controls which camera shows on which monitor .. can also control the GE PTZs

I have not had good luck with a vga y cable I have used a little vga amp that gives 1 in and two out I think they cost around $40.00 Well worth it especially if the monitor is located some distance away.