Hi everyone.

Yesterday i installed a system of 12 cameras hdcvi. I used dahua xvr5116hs-x, 2 hfw2241t-z-a, 1 hfw2241e-a and 9 hdw1200em-a, for cable i used cat6 23awg and video power baluns. My problem is that on the monitor (brand new monitor 1920x1080) shows waves on the cameras but from the application p2p it shows perfectly clear. My cable distance not exceed the 30 meteres the longer camera.  I checked the voltage on every camera and it is ok to 12,5vdc. My power supply is 12vdc 15 amp it is very enough.

Can anyone help me with this?

disconnect all but 1. if the waves are gone, put the rest on line one at a time

in my system this was caused by a camera with a flaky ground inside.

From 12 cameras 5 have these waves. The only solution i found is that i change the format from pal to ntsc. This stopped the waves but i dont know why. Can anyobe explain this?

4 hours ago, Opeth said:

From 12 cameras 5 have these waves. The only solution i found is that i change the format from pal to ntsc. This stopped the waves but i dont know why. Can anyobe explain this?

Hi. Some countries have different broadcasting formats also different hertz

your in Cyprus which is PAL system and is also same for rest of Europe 

PAL NTSC and SECAM are also know as regional formats

PAL Europe 

NTSC is America 

SECAM is Russia China India but also use PAL but secam and pal cant be used on same system. 

always buy PAL for your region or at least a system that can be switched.  Always check when buying. 
we will have a outlet in Cyprus soon. 

Yes i know that in my country is pal . My dvr is running pal but why some cameras in format pal has waves in it and wgen i change it to ntsc shows perfectly clear?

Is anything else go wrong with my installation?

5 hours ago, Opeth said:

Yes i know that in my country is pal . My dvr is running pal but why some cameras in format pal has waves in it and wgen i change it to ntsc shows perfectly clear?

Is anything else go wrong with my installation?

Not only do cameras have switchable pal ntsc in there menu dvr also has the option on each channel they need to match

so if your having to run some cameras NTSC then regional setting on that channel is set to NTSC

waves in monitor is typically a ground loop. one ground loop can affect many cameras. take all off line but one, then add them back one at a time until the ground loop shows up. try the camera that ground loops by itself

ground loops are typically fixed with a video isolation transformer.

I have a ground loop from a camera with a broken ground connection inside the camera. when it ground loops it takes out a second healthy camera on the same DVR.

this is not a straightforward troubleshoot and fix situation.

Can you explain why when i change some of them from pal to ntsc all shows perfectly clear? Without any ground loop isolators?

17 hours ago, Opeth said:

Can you explain why when i change some of them from pal to ntsc all shows perfectly clear? Without any ground loop isolators?

Hi. Forget about ground loop that would not fix pal/ntsc format problems ..... and ground loop is not a problem with HD anyway

noth Cyrus is going to be our location 

Wow. North Cyprus is occupied by Turkey. How about the baluns? Can you tell me a good quality video power balun to change them? Maybe are them the problem

3 hours ago, Opeth said:

Wow. North Cyprus is occupied by Turkey. How about the baluns? Can you tell me a good quality video power balun to change them? Maybe are them the problem

Hi. Baluns or ground loop devices will not help you. 
you can’t alter ntsc format cameras 

you are fortunate that you can change the format on your recorder for each format ... not all dvrs give you that option

Larnaca.  North old Cyprus 

Ok larnaca is free area. Im living in Limassol. Want to inform me about the store when open. I would like to see your items

On 5/21/2020 at 11:20 PM, tomcctv said:

Hi. What is the footage like on playback.... does it still give you same problems

Tom i checked the playback and at night still have waves on the picture but during the day is not