Sign in to follow this  
steuk

PTZ Joystick...over Internet ?

Hello everybody,

I have a special request from a customer, and I'm a bit lost.

My customer wants to have his cameras and NVR in datacenter, which is pretty simple...but...he also wants to control everything with a PTZ joystick from his home !

So he wants the joystick being able to control the cameras (through the NVR) over internet...I don't know if it's possible.

Does someone have a solution for this ? Or is it just not possible ?

Thanks for your help.

Hi. Yes it’s simple and has a few ways of doing it. 

first way has no cost ..... most nvr remote software has the ptz control built in for all devices windows / Mac / iOS / Android 

option 2 is install a nvr of same make in his home and call all cameras to that. this option also gives your customer a off site backup recording giving his system a bit more security

Thank you for your answer.

My customer wants a real joystick (and not using mouse on software), so option 1 is not possible.

Option 2 is what I would do, but customer doesn't want NVR and Joystick together...that's an issue.

Other option ?

20 hours ago, steuk said:

Option 2 is what I would do, but customer doesn't want NVR and Joystick together...that's an issue.

Hi.  Why would it be an issue. 
he would still need a pc or laptop to view the camera he wants to move. 

other options 

using a network joystick. But you will have to make changes at ptz  ...... camera needs to go into a switch before it’s connected to nvr. So he can have direct link to ptz from remote location

other is moxa rs232 to USB ..... this you would use on the remote pc and it turns a USB port into command for ptz control via com port ..... but his remote software needs to support this option

what make is ptz and nvr in use