Sign in to follow this  
Capt Chaos

Advice on cat5e connection point please

Hi,

Had an analogue system for eight years or so now !  It does what it always has and I dont intend to upgrade for a while to digital.

But recently ,one of the outdoor cameras in a building has stopped responding to the remote . Since then the pigeons have made a homeon it so I think its had its day  

This camera has been linked via the cat 5 , to another ptz camera that ceased functioning a yr or s ago !

Its right in the apex of a steel shed so having been flaky for some time I have left it non functioning .  The camera in the calving pen next to it worked until a month ago , and this is the one I need working ..

It still works ,as in switches on , self tests itself ,so spins here and there and zooms like it does before you try and control it , so is viewable but not controllable !

I have tried altering or resetting the protocols but to no avail

The origianl T connection was done by baring the pairs and soldering two into one , not easy and fragile at best . I expect one of the links has now broken (but I cant confirm that with the other paired camera ,but on different protocol, because its goosed )

https://uk.farnell.com/tuk/f78whb/connection-box-cat5e-white/dp/2534563?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrqjIiMrC6gIV0u3tCh2Ibwo4EAQYAyABEgKklPD_BwE&gross_price=true&mckv=srkOFBOMR_dc|pcrid|432009988489|plid||kword||match||slid||product|2534563|pgrid|103100107409|ptaid|pla-900675783731|&CMP=KNC-GUK-SHOPPING-Connectors-NEWSTRUCTURE-Test113-MarinBidding

Now ,my question is , if I redo the connection , can I use one of these ?   My idea was to connect the two pairs to the single pairs and refit a new ptz camera for the shed apex (but easier to access) at the same time !

Thanks for looking ?