AllClear

Tired of Pelco, Looking for options

I have three Pelco systems I'm responsible for at work, Two Pelco DSSRV2's and a Pelco DX4600 analog DVR.

Pelco has gone to 3 year subscriptions for each camera if I want to upgrade to the latest stuff (had a close call NVR failure last week, but was able to replace the ssd and get it going)

Question Is??  What is out there that I can replace the video servers with? We have 8 IP cameras, 8 analog cameras on IP encoders & 16 more on another analog system that I would like to tie in and convert to IP at some point. Every year we add a couple more cameras.

Key thing is these are viewed from 4 locations right now, 3 client PC's and the one standalone (for now) analog station with 4 monitors.

We are real time monitoring industrial stuff like conveyors and feed points from multiple locations, but also have weigh scale licence plate cameras are mandated to be stored for a year. I'm recording the plate cameras to both NVR's for redundancy, but am aware there are better/easier options.

1/3 are PTZ and all are in a dusty environment.

Am I one of the last rat's to bail off Pelco's sinking Ship?    Info about other brands client PC's is what is what's really holding me back.

Justin

Hi. I would take a look at TVT. 
we have pelco and avermedia running on tvt 

tvt is better than what avermedias own software .... and a good replacement now avermedia don’t exist

This stuff has been deployed all over the world and is still in use in many industrial environment and will be for many years to come. Sadly, the company has tanked due to recent changes in ownership. After ****ter Electric destroyed the company it was bought by some investment company for a short while, and has just recently been bought out by big mother M (Motorola)

Your best bet is hunting ebay and probably keeping everything on Digital Sentry units. The analog cams you can keep on a single 16ch encoder which only uses one licence. 

Pelco has dumped all other products in favor of their latest failed abortion of a VMS: VideoXpert. I don't see it taking off, and Motorola is likely to scrap it. 

I would not invest in any new pelco products or services.