snagga

QVIS IPTZ-IR20A NOT ACCEPTING NEW IP ADDRESS AND WILL NOT FACTORY RESET

Hi All,

I have two QVIS, IPTZ-IR20A, 2MP Full HD Network IR PTZ Dome Cameras with an identical problem, I can't get the cameras to accept new IP addresses and both cameras will not factory reset. This model camera doesn't have a reset button.

Qvis tech support tried remotely to factory default both cameras and change IP settings, but these cameras are refusing to accept any new settings.

Problem Cameras Firmware: (Both cameras were working before until IT company decided to change network subnet and IP range)

Program Version: V2.0.1 Build 201603161001T
Control Version: ZoomCam_V1.0.2_build201601281847
Web Page Version: 1.1.1 Build 20160301
Plugin Version: 1.0.4.41

All other cameras working with the below firmware without any issues
Program Version: V1.0.2 Build 201509281602
Control Version: ZoomCam_V1.0.2_build20150730090
Web Page Version: 1.1.1 Build 20150924
Plugin Version: 1.0.3.39

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi. If the IT company changed ip and subnet 

mans you know the cameras ip then is sounds like you have a subnet problem

to reset the cameras to default you will need to set a pc or laptop to same subnet and gateway as the camera then go into menu and reset to factory 

same reason why qvis tech could not see your cameras remote login to your unit has a different subnet or gateway .... so can’t see them

where are you based ?

Hi Tomcctv,

I can access and view both cameras using the previous IP settings, but the issue is that the cameras will not accept the new IP settings. I can access the menus and execute a factory-default command also, but the old settings will remain in both cameras, so the cameras are not saving any new settings.

Today, I selected and called preset 95 from the PTZ menu, which gives me direct access to the camera's OSD menu, here I try to factory default the cameras, but still no joy.

Qvis tech support could also see the cameras from the old IPs but faced with the same problem. I tried three different Windows 10 computers now and even loaded Windows 7 on one computer, and having the same results.

I even tried the Qvis IP tool for the PTZ cameras and still can't factory reset or get the new IP addresses to save.

I'm starting to think that this is a firmware issue, as all other 18 cameras are working on Program Version: V1.0.2 Build 201509281602 without issues and have accepted the new IP settings.

Hi. Did you install the cameras from new 

sounds like your admin rights are restricted 

someone has created new admin rules that don’t give you full administrator rights

ie will let you go into menu and alter simple settings — brightness contrast but not engineer rights

No, I didn't install these cameras from new. I inherited them.

You could be correct because I exported the config file to see if I could make the changes there, but the file was exported in WinZip format and now asking me for a password.

Hi. That is a dahua 2mp ptz. 

you have a reset button on the back of the camera behind the plate with 2 screws 

push in for 5 seconds to reset

Hi,

I've checked this before, there is no reset button on the model.

Qvis and Dachau are the same.

qvis.jpg

Hi all

reopening this topic

i have the same or very similar problem with my ptz it,s the exact same model as this one.it is bricked or something . did this person manage to resolve his problem. 

they is a factory reset button on the cable connectors it,s the one with the yellow collar covering the blue with the writing on it it says reset x gnd. but mine won,t reset.. i can ping my ip ok i have tried telnet Putty but cannot get past login .. i did try onvif but no luck either.  anyone have any ideas for me to try,

Thank-you for the reply snagga. although not quite what i was wanting to hear.. they must be a way to factory reset these camaras. Qvis support have been no help at all,

I had Qvis Engineers remote accessed the cameras on two occasions, and they weren’t able to reset them either. They told me to return the cameras, as the boards are faulty (???). I spent several days trying all sorts, and after weighing up my time and cost, it was more economical to purchase new cameras for the client.

Hi. These cameras can only be reset via local ip or analog setup or ground pin

are cameras connected to recorder or via cam software

2 hours ago, snagga said:

I had Qvis Engineers remote accessed the cameras on two occasions, and they weren’t able to reset them either. They told me to return the cameras, as the boards are faulty (???). I spent several days trying all sorts, and after weighing my time and cost, it was more economical to purchase new cameras for the client.

sorry to hear that. it seems strange 2 cameras go down with the same problem at the same time. 

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. These cameras can only be reset via local ip or analog setup or ground pin

are cameras connected to recorder or via cam software

Hi tom

my ptz is connected to my router via ethernet cable.. i also did connect to my laptop with ethernet cable. but got the msg cannot access XML files 

I  did connect to my laptop with ethernet cable.  it said no internet connection.. but got the msg cannot access XML files when trying to dowload the plugin

40 minutes ago, jon1 said:

I  did connect to my laptop with ethernet cable.  it said no internet connection.. but got the msg cannot access XML files when trying to dowload the plugin

Hi. You need to switch network off on your pc first so you have just your computer and camera connected ... start menu- type CMD then type ipconfig .... see if it brings up your cameras ip 

50 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. You need to switch network off on your pc first so you have just your computer and camera connected ... start menu- type CMD then type ipconfig .... see if it brings up your cameras ip 

I tried the way you said it didn,t show the ip address. i also tried another ip camera that i know is ok and that one did not show up either