Sign in to follow this  
Paul Bradford

Looking for advice

Hi All,

You may have heard of the attacks upon horses here in France. I would like to install a movement activated cctv system that would cover our stables. It would give great piece of mind to my wife.

The stables are, at there closest point to the house (and power) 30m distant. I will put a camera on the west flank of the house facing the stables and covering access from the road. I would like to put one or two on the stables and could run the cable overhead. While I'm at it, I might as well include the outside of the house in the system.

What I'm looking for is advice on what cameras and hard drive to use as well as base unit. I have never fitted such an installation, so equipment and tool suggestions would be useful.

I could have up to six cameras mounted on the house covering the gardens and access and two or three on the stables.

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul 

It is getting that way in the uk with livestock.

what is your budget for this install. 
mid this is your first install then go with a IP system plug and play and much better than hd analog With coax

1 cat5 cable to each camera back to the recorder no power cable needed. 
I would also make at least two of your cameras with audio... you can hear your horses if in distress 

don’t buy cheap of the likes of eBay or amazon ok it’s to look at your stables but it also becomes a health and safety tool 

I have a post on here a few years ago at a racehorse stables and we also installed sensors on the barn doors that alert you when ever a barn door is opened .... it sends a text to your mobile phone

20 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hello Tom,

I have no idea about a budget yet. That was one of the things that I'm hoping to find. Probably in the region of €500. It depends upon what is required. 

The sound is a good idea. Also, the sensors on the stable doors, although they would only be stabled in the Winter months. We might need to revisit that idea.

Paul

5 hours ago, Andrey Ukraine CCTV said:

Hi, Paul

Sorry for my English:)

how far will the farthest camera be

I would like photo location all camers

I can help you 

Hi Andrey,

The most distant camera would be about 40m distance. I don't think that you need photo locations.

Paul

1 hour ago, Paul Bradford said:

The most distant camera would be about 40m distance. I don't think that you need photo locations.

No photo

Layout diagram camers

I can see how best to connect cameras

There are two power options
POE and 12V

example

unnamed.jpg

Hi Paul ..... good budget it will come under that. 

POE system is best for you and it also means no extra power to install or add to the stables 

POE is also a lot less cabling

13 hours ago, Andrey Ukraine CCTV said:

No photo

Layout diagram camers

I can see how best to connect cameras

There are two power options
POE and 12V

example

unnamed.jpg

Thank you Andrey. I have an idea of where to site the cameras. The situation will be slightly different for our house as we have covered veranda's to the South side. That means that camera's underneath the veranda will not have a view of a distant approach, unless I also mount cameras at a high level. However, cameras under the veranda would have the advantage of being hidden until someone came into their arc of view (if high cameras were not installed to the South elevation). I'm undecided at this stage whether to opt for a more visible deterrent with the cameras being on view or for something more subtle.

Speaking as an ex-Police Officer, I know that the quality of your security is never really known until it is tested. Also, obvious security measures have the downside of showing that you might have something worth breaking in for! I realise that has changed somewhat with the advent of cheaper camera systems, but the mentality level of those intending to steal might not take that into account!

I'd probably go for POE as it would mean less cabling.

Paul

12 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi Paul ..... good budget it will come under that. 

POE system is best for you and it also means no extra power to install or add to the stables 

POE is also a lot less cabling

Thank you Tom. I just need to decide upon the overall size. It's the equipment that I will need and good suppliers that will get me working on a plan.

Paul

2 hours ago, Andrey Ukraine CCTV said:

write what equipment they advised you

can we tell you something else

Hi Andrey,

To date, no one has advised me about equipment. This is the information that I am really looking for. I need to know exactly what I will require for the set up.

Regards

Paul

2 hours ago, Paul Bradford said:

Hi Andrey,

To date, no one has advised me about equipment. This is the information that I am really looking for. I need to know exactly what I will require for the set up.

Regards

Paul

Hi. A system that best meets your needs is called a IP system 

8 channel NVR

6 IP cameras

2 IP cameras with audio

1 reel of cat5 cable (comes in 300m)

16 RJ45 plugs

you don’t need any port supplies as the NVR supplies the power down the same cable

53 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. A system that best meets your needs is called a IP system 

8 channel NVR

6 IP cameras

2 IP cameras with audio

1 reel of cat5 cable (comes in 300m)

16 RJ45 plugs

you don’t need any port supplies as the NVR supplies the power down the same cable

And POE swich 

Di you have hikvision or AXIS to France? 

This is best cctv system

22 minutes ago, Andrey Ukraine CCTV said:

Di you have hikvision or AXIS to France? 

This is best cctv system

You can’t use hikvision and axis in the same sentence 

one is crap and one is excellent