Paul Stephen

QVIS Pioneer Trio MK3 DVR and QVIS 5X-P400-VFG problem

Hi,
We have several 16 channel QVIS Pioneer Trio MK3 DVRs with all attached cameras on AHD 1080p over shotgun cable.
I recently bought a couple of QVIS 5X-P400-VFG cameras to add on but, with the camera set to AHD, I can get no stream coming to the channel from the camera.
It does work on analogue but we don't want that.
I know the DVR port & cable works with another camera.
Wondering if there's an incompatibility with the DVR and the 5MP cameras but I've been unable to find any information on this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I was only adding 2 additional cameras which takes the total on that DVR to 16

I still have time to return them and replace with the 4x-P400 which I think is 2.4mp

or 

Upgrade the DVR as you say. I'd assume that the 5MP DVR would also allow the use of the 2.4MP existing cameras until they get upgraded too?

Would it be safe to assume that the Viper would work with the SmartPSS monitoring software?

Thanks tomcctv

Hi yes your right ... 4 in 1 viper will take all your cameras up to 5 mp

PSS is a old software (dahua) the viper software and remote software is far better

also take into account the viper is h265 which will double your storage 

Yes, I understand that the Viper would be of benefit but do you know if I could run all the DVRs (Pioneer and Viper) with the Viper CMS?

Its unlikely that I'll get the budget to upgrade all the DVRs at once and would rather not run 2 different CMS packages

Hi. Yes your right .... if your using a lot of dahua recorders. 

16ways work out at £130 with hard drives

the viper uses nvms 1000 I’ll send you a link for you to try ... I know it runs hik and avigilon not tried dahua dvr.  

the 5mp version of your pioneer is called the Cognitio 5mp and will run on pss that is around £100 BB 

how many recorders are you using ?