Pife

Lorex cctv camera interface

I’ll start by saying that I’m completely ignorant of cctv equipment. Now you know. 

our shop bought Lorex C581-CB-Z cameras based solely on a friend’s recommendation. We have them installed to monitor shop equipment and naively thought we could simply plug the two cameras into two new TVs. How foolish. 

Lorex tells us that we have to have their DVR also. While I recognize them as the experts I also recognize this forum as a group of experts.

is this correct or is there a quick (cheap) and dirty way to connect the Lorex camera to a regular TV with some sort of converter?  

Thanks in advance 

Hi.  Yes unfortunately a dvr is needed. 

if you had bought standard analog cameras then connecting them to a tv would work (as monitor view only)

the cameras you have bought are a high def analog using a format called CVI 

cvi signal will not display on any tv without it going through a dvr with cvi - tvi -ahd

you don’t need to buy just a lorex dvr just look for one with a spec of HD analog 5mp

they are cheap

Hi Tom. I just connected JZTEK hybrid dvr and I have it configured cvi. The tv shows the four “channels “ but no camera video picture. I have power to the camera and tried both hdmi and video input to tv. 

I’m not getting anything from the dvr except the split screen. 

I know you can’t trouble shoot from your house but in general am I missing something?

any help or suggestions would be most appreciative. 
greg. 

Hi. Apart from the split screen are you able to go into menu?

I have looked at the spec sheet for the JZTEK and it is only saying low mp. 720n / 960n /1080

can you disconnect all cameras switch off your unit connect 1 camera only to channel 1 then switch your unit back on

XMeye units loose channels the higher the megapixel ..... 4 channel will only run 1 5mp 8 channel will only run 2 5mp cameras

is your system on line

The DVR is only 1080. I tried only one camera to no avail. I think I may have neglected the HD feature you previously mentioned. 
I can get into the menu of the dvr and it confirms the 1080

im not at shop so I don’t have access. I’m beginning to think I really need to get the Lorex dvr as much as I don’t want to pay the premium. 

thanks. Pife 

The DVR is only 1080. I tried only one camera to no avail. I think I may have neglected the HD feature you previously mentioned. 
I can get into the menu of the dvr and it confirms the 1080

im not at shop so I don’t have access. I’m beginning to think I really need to get the Lorex dvr as much as I don’t want to pay the premium. 

thanks. Pife