J Field

Newbie here!

Hi everyone!    I'm hoping someone can help! Due to power surges and electricity going out, our SM-DVSUPER10 is having a problem now.  No where in the manual does it have FAQ's, on what to do if there is a power loss.  How can we restore the camera pictures?   There is no reset button.  We get a blue screen, time and 4 individual squares for camera pics, but no pics!    This system is 8 yrs old and the company must have gone out of business.  Calls don't go through nor does email.   We've tried unplugging it and waiting a day. Our friend who installed this passed away last year, so we are totally lost here!  

Any help would be appreciated!  Thank you so much for your time!   

Hi. 8 years old I would say you have an analog system 

blue screen displaying time would indicate your recorder is fine. So I would start at looking at the camera power supply first

Hi Tom,    As I mentioned, the person who installed all this passed away last year, so how do I check the camera power supply?!  What am I looking for? (Talk about a fish out of water here!)  <gulp>   

Thank you so much for your time!  

Hi. Apart from your recorder having power supply ... your cameras also need there own power supply 

these are usually located in the area of the recorder  

can you post a picture of the cable connections on your recorder and any other boxes in that area

Hi!  I'm sorry but that isn't even possible.  There are cables for Solar and Internet etc.  It's a mess!!!  (If my BF was still alive, he would have been here days ago)  I am trying to power through this, all on my own.  <sigh>   

According to the manual it has 1 power supply for cameras. I'm looking at the pic. !!!   Sooo, I need to locate that, in that "mess" and replace it...correct?   Since this company is no longer in business, how would I even get a replacement?!?!  <shrug>  

Thanks again for your time. It's nice to know there are super people that care!!  :)   :)       

Hi Tom!

I found the camera power supply!!  I just ordered a new one and it's not even 4:30 a.m. yet.       (It took awhile to find it.)  

I wish you and your family a nice weekend!   :)   

Hi Tom,

I just received a new power supply for the cameras. I plugged it in and no nothing!  What else might be going on with this?  Wrong replacement? 

Or...I need to do something else to get this puppy working, with a new power supply?!?!     I had no idea this was sooo complicated.  <sigh>  

Thanks again!  I hope you had a nice weekend!!  

Hi!

I'm sorry I'm not able to send a link.  I had no idea there were so many power supply cords! Geesh!   I ordered another power cord and I'll find out tomorrow if I ordered the "right" one. 

I'll keep you posted!   Thank You Tom!

Hi Tom,  I ordered the exact CS power supply that I currently have.  It's going to take awhile to get here.  
My question to you is........now that the exact same power supply will replace the current one and the new one ends up NOT working, heavens forbid,  What else could possibly be wrong with this DVR?!?!   OR system?   

Thanks again for your time. I really appreciate it!!!

Hi!     So the replacement should fix it's current problem!!  I actually ordered 2 of them to have a spare.  :)   

Now, I just have to be patient and wait!!   Hopefully it'll arrive sooner then later! 

Thank You Tom!!   Take care!!

Hi Tom,   Since there are two separate systems here, with the same model power supply, I swapped them.  I put the new power supply on the other system and hooked the original to the other one.   The new power supply works fine on the other system. 

BUT, still no pictures are showing. Just a blue screen with numbers  <sigh>  

Everything is plugged in like it's suppose to and I can hear it running. I just have no pics!   This is crazy.!       

What else could have gotten zapped by the power outage and surges?!?

Thank you!  

46 minutes ago, J Field said:

Everything is plugged in like it's suppose to and I can hear it running. I just have no pics!   This is crazy.!    

Hi without seeing picture or type of powers supplies it is going to be hard. 

can hear it running ???? You should hear nothing with camera power it is separate to recorders power supply

Hi!  I stand corrected...I'm hearing the 2nd DVR running.  I saw the lights on, when I plugged in the power supply, so I thought it was running, but no pics.  <gulp!>

I tried to upload a pic of the back of this DVR and it won't work because it's not a 1.2MB.   Drats!!  I wish I knew how to shrink the pic or whatever to upload it.

I'm old and I have an old camera!!  Looking left to right.... there are 4 places for the cameras and then a blue connector, a black one and then the power supply, for the cameras.  I unplugged and removed it, since it won't work. 

I'm a stuck duck for now.   

Thank you again for your time and help!  

Hi Tom,

evertek.com/Product/SM-DVRSUPER10         <-----  If you go there, you can see the back of my DVR.  I'm hoping this helps you!!!   :)    

Hi. The power supply for cameras is separate from the recorder power supply. And has nothing to do with the recorder 

you have a power supply to run the recorder 

1.3 amp 12v (I think this is the one your looking at) which is the wrong one

you should have another which looks the same but is 2 or 4 amp 12v and should have 4 wires going to it .... 1 from each cameras ( this is the one you should be changing)

try disconnecting one of the BNC connectors on the back of recorder and trace it back till you find the power supply 

Hi!

It sounds easy enough.  Thing is..... there are lots of cords and and I'm unable to get back there and check it out.  My handyman will be here on Wed. and I'll have him check it out for me.  He's familiar with the tons of cords  and he's able to trace it better then me.  My BF should have labeled stuff in case of problems like this! 

I hope my link helped you!

Thanks again.  I hope you have a nice weekend!  

Tom!!!

I got brave and it took a looong time with all these cords, but I found it!! Thank Goodness!!!   The plug in part has no identifying numbers to order another one.   Do I need to order another split unit as well as the power supply?!?!?  The manual just shows the power splitter!   (The plugged in unit was a small black one.)   I do see in the manual Voltage output for camera 4 channel 12V@500ma.  I don't know if that is helpful for you or not?!?!

I'm hoping to have this working B-4 my handyman arrives on Wed.   :)    I'm sorry for buggin you again!  Thanks!  

Hi!  So I need to ditch the splitter too?!?  The one I have won't work anymore?  Or is this a fresh start for this?!?!       I just ordered the one you recommended!!!

I can't thank you enough!   This has been an interesting learning experience for me.  It's driving me nuts with these not working.  Hopefully, tomorrow, I'll get this puppy up and running again.........depending on Amazon delivering, at a decent time!! 

Thank you Tom!!   Take care!

For the cost of power supply with pigtails (splitter) and just a matter of unplugging old one ... just makes sense to change all power side for cameras

Hi!!  I shall work on it as soon as it arrives tomorrow!    Cute...."pigtails"!! he he         

Thank goodness for pros that have the time to help old ladies!!   

Thank You!!  :) 

Hi Tom,

For some reason it won't arrive until tomorrow.   One Q? for you.......I'm wondering if I need to reset something?!?!   Or do I just unplug and then re plug everything back in, when it gets here?!? 

Thanks again!  

Hi. This power supply have nothing to do with your recorder ... it just powers your cameras

no power cameras can’t send images to recorder

yes that all you need to do ....... unplug and plug-in new one