J Field

Newbie here!

Hi Tom! 

I wanted to let you know that  everything is connected now and almost all are working.  One camera apparently bit the dust!  My handyman checked out the connections  I have no idea how I can replace it, since Sumas Media went out of business!  <sigh>  (Just my luck!) 

Can you suggest how I can get a replacement for SM-DVSUPER10 system?!?  

Thanks again and I'm so sorry to bother you again!!  

Hi. Good it’s working again ..... and you have also found what caused the problem ..... a faulty camera will burn out a power supply

with your system being so old  you need to find a 4in1 camera and set it too CVBS on install via pressing a button 

something like this 

https://www.amazon.com/Anlapus-Security-waterproof-simulated-Blinking/dp/B00U8U6Z0Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=analog+cctv+camera&qid=1605731854&sprefix=analog+cctv&sr=8-17

Hi!

Good to know!    Gulp!  8 yrs old...sooo old!   :(  (Tell that to a kid!  ha ha)  j/k!!   I drive an antique then!!  he he    :)     

I need to find some humor in all this, since it has taken a long time to get this puppy running again!!      Thank you sooo much!  I really appreciate your time and knowledge!!  

Take care!  :)   

tomcctv---I hope you are still out there!   It has been awhile.  I hope all is well with you and your family!    I liked the camera you recommended and I replaced them all, in Nov.  I bought a new power supply, for just in case too! 

As my luck would have it, the electricity went out long enough that my SM-DVSUPER10 system is on the blink again.  :(  

After the power was restored this time, the screen flickers, but it's basically black  I tried to unplug it and wait a few, then plugged it back in. I replaced it with the new power supply and still it just blinks.  I am lost on what else to do.  I'm hoping you might know. 

I'm sure it's probably an easy fix, but I have no idea what else to do.  

Thank you very much for your time!

tomcctv---I hope you are still out there!   It has been awhile.  I hope all is well with you and your family!    I liked the camera you recommended and I replaced them all, in Nov.  I bought a new power supply, for just in case too! 

As my luck would have it, the electricity went out long enough that my SM-DVSUPER10 system is on the blink again.  :(  

After the power was restored this time, the screen flickers, but it's basically black  I tried to unplug it and wait a few, then plugged it back in. I replaced it with the new power supply and still it just blinks.  I am lost on what else to do.  I'm hoping you might know. 

I'm sure it's probably an easy fix, but I have no idea what else to do.  

Thank you very much for your time!

Hi. It depends on what gave you the power loss. 

could of been a storm or power spike in your area or something as simple as a trip in your consumer board due to a fault in your house with another appliance 

but your first test is the monitor ….. either try your monitor on something else like a pc or plug your dvr into another monitor of tv if you still have the same problem then it’s your dvr

also try unplugging your hard drive inside dvr and power it up see if you have same problem. 

Hi Tom,

My neighbors electricity was out as well.    I'll check it all out.  

Thank you very much for your time!   Have a great day!! 

This power supply have nothing to do with your recorder. It just powers your cameras no power cameras can’t send images to recorder. yes that all you need to do unplug and plug-in new one. For more information