Sign in to follow this  
oh6hfx

Dahua SD card recording problems and most reliable sd card?

My client has problems in his Dahua cameras with sd card recording. One HFW4431E-E3 bullet and SD6CE445XA-HNR big PTZ.

Both cameras are set up to record continuously "green" general stream and plus that also motion detection stream triggered by IVS.

In HFW4431E the recording does not work almost at all. It usually starts to record when logging in the web ui, but most of the time the timeline is just empty. Have tried to format the card now and then.

Camera is connected to non-Dahua NVR as ONVIF camera. Is it possible that ONVIF messes internal sd card recording?

In big PTZ the recording works most of the time ok, but seems to be that sometimes, maybe after electric outage, recording stops and then starts again when logged in the web ui.

I wonder if the file system on the sd card is messed after outage and after that recording is unreliable? After sd card format it works ok again. Shouldn't a security device like IP-camera withstand outage easily?

In both cameras there is a Sandisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC 100MB/s Class 10 UHS-I card in.

My final question is: is there an absolute answer what is the card that 100% sure works in these cameras? Dealer has not been able to give me an answer.

Hi. Sounds like a good mess. 

your customer has over $1000 in cameras and relies on a $60 SD card  which is never reliable 

ivm - nvr - SD card ..... 3 data paths also not good 

with using SD card onboard it will be h265 data ( saves on data storage) what is the nvr set at ? 

what is playback like on the nvr ?