Sign in to follow this  
Hello5

"Best" value ip cameras?

Hello,

I intend to install a few cameras around the property, I have had a look at the hikvision products although I have also seen statements that they are far from the best.

I am looking for best money/quality ratio

I would need roughly 4x wide angle (2.8-4mm) lenses and possibly a couple 12mm zoomed cameras for critical areas

What brands and distributors would you recommend (In the UK)?

Hi. This depends on your budget. 
mans if for home use or commercial 

your right about hikvision they are outdated and limited also not worth the money .... cameras are ok but not there recorders

we’re are you located and I will send you a list of good suppliers to look at in your area

2 hours ago, tomcctv said:

our budget. 
mans if for home use or commercial 

your right about hikv

Northampton

Domestic use but I can buy via family business if trade accounts are needed

I may use a computer for recording, I have a spare poe switch at the moment also, but Id imagine a nvr would be better

Hi. Yes your right nvr is best for a home. If using a pc it’s best having it dedicated to cctv and depending on cameras used you might not be able to use all there functions 

check pm .... much better than hik and one of the best device apps on the market and it runs most camera

if it’s for home use buy it in stages  you also learn a lot 

All in all so far:

I was able to source 3x ds-2cd2142fwd-is and 1x ds-2cd2142fwd-i, they are used with one dead IR, but for £135 for four, I will not complain, that's £33.75 per camera, 3x 2.8mm 1x 4mm

Need be I can always add external ir, but one side of the property is lit from street lighting, we shall see

There is another guy getting rid of another 15 used cameras, but he seems to stick firmly to his £50 per camera price, they are all 4MP hikvisions, domes and couple bullets, thing is the 4MP Hiwatch bullets are £45 brand new from one company, the only downside is there is no SD port, but otherwise id imagine it be the same quality image/camera

Not sure whether I will be needing NVR yet, I have two IP-COM poe switches, I would ideally also not have all cameras wired directly to nvr, or blue iris station for that matter.

Will keep updated

Wow eBay with a bigger margin than wholesale plus secondhand. 

4k new is only £45 .... 5mp with audio is £29 all new with 2 years warranty  ... cameras much better than hikvision. 

now your post starts off   Best value

yet your going the expensive way buy the time you buy 4  x. SD 10 cards you could of bought a nvr ...... also going SD only with 4mp cameras is not much storage .... useless if going away for a few days 1 or 2 

then you have extra cost of POE switch ( don’t buy second hand) 

now like I said in earlier post don’t buy hik 

this part is important 

with being second hand they will of already used the P2P setup   Camera MAC address is already registered but you won’t have the password I recommend you do a complete firmware update before connecting to web

On 12/26/2020 at 11:41 AM, tomcctv said:

Wow eBay with a bigger margin than wholesale plus secondhand. 

4k new is only £45 .... 5mp with audio is £29 all new with 2 years warranty  ... cameras much better than hikvision. 

now your post starts off   Best value

yet your going the expensive way buy the time you buy 4  x. SD 10 cards you could of bought a nvr ...... also going SD only with 4mp cameras is not much storage .... useless if going away for a few days 1 or 2 

then you have extra cost of POE switch ( don’t buy second hand) 

now like I said in earlier post don’t buy hik 

this part is important  

with being second hand they will of already used the P2P setup   Camera MAC address is already registered but you won’t have the password I recommend you do a complete firmware update before connecting to web 

I have a hiwatch 16ch nvr to go with it brand new in the end

2x 4poe switch 2x 8poe switch

4x hikvision ds-2cd2142fwd-i

6x hiwatch IPC-B640-V

3x Honeywell H4W4PER3

All used cameras were reset to default and passwords changed

I appreciate your help but purchasing products you're on about doesn't seem very straightforward, I mean if someone has plenty of supply of "4k new is only £45" cameras, why aren't they widely available? I'm sure people would not hesitate to order loads, heck I would buy a pallet to re-sell.

15 hours ago, Hello5 said:

heck I would buy a pallet to re-sell.

That’s not a problem ..... tell me how many on the pallet on Monday and I’ll deliver Wednesday 

hiwatch ..... the how are the Honeywell connected ?

On 1/30/2021 at 3:24 PM, tomcctv said:

That’s not a problem ..... tell me how many on the pallet on Monday and I’ll deliver Wednesday 

hiwatch ..... the how are the Honeywell connected ?

onvif