animateme

Remote Playback - extremely slow

Hello,

I am hoping that I might get some advice on how to fix an issue that I have with the remote playback of recorded video from my DVR, using the iVMS-4200 and Hik-Connect apps, which plays very slow or sometimes does not play at all.

The live video works perfectly fine through these apps and the playback also works well when played directly on the monitor connected to the DVR.   It is just when playing back remotely through the apps that the video is extremely slow and even freezes after playing for a few seconds.    Also, in the few seconds that the video plays, some glitches appear, showing distorted video.

I am assuming that this is not a bandwidth issue, as the live video plays perfectly fine.

The DVR is a Hikvision DS-7208HUHI-K1 with firmware V4.21.002, build 190925

These are what I believe are the relevant configurations that define the Sub-Stream remote playback settings:

dvr1.jpg

dvr2.jpg

Are these settings acceptable to avoid the issue I am having or should I change something?

Are there any other settings in the DVR that I should be looking into?

Any other possible causes for the issue?

I will greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Hi. Under main stream and sub stream you have two data formats in your pictures

set H265 in your sub stream that will quicken it up a little

but your recorder has a lot of limits .... how many cameras do you have and analog or ip and what MP are they. You should be ok viewing 1 camera at a time

the other issue could also be hik-connect server traffic .... try using hiks other app ezviz 

Hello, thank you for your response.   I will try switching to H265 in the sub-stream, as you suggest.

I have 8 analog 5MP cameras and I do view 1 camera at a time when playback.   For live view, I can show all 8 cameras together and these all show fine, with no glitches or delays,  

I have 3 other DVRs setup in my Hik-Connect and with these other DVRs I do not experience any issues when playing back, so I assume that server traffic is not a problem.

Any other ideas?   Thanks,

1 minute ago, animateme said:

Yes, that is exactly the equipment that I have.   I have had it for about 8 months.

Ok if you scroll down to downloads and click on USA you wil see the firmware you should be running ..... it was a mayor firmware update in March for performance 

Thank you!   I will look into updating to this firmware!

May I ask where did you see the details regarding the firmware where it mentions that this was for performance?   I would be interested to read it.

Got it!    Thank you so much for your help.   I will try the firmware update and hopefully this will fix the playback issues.

Greatly appreciated!

37 minutes ago, animateme said:

Got it!    Thank you so much for your help.   I will try the firmware update and hopefully this will fix the playback issues.

Greatly appreciated!

Hi. Not a problem let use know how you get on 

Hello,

I updated the firmware and it seems like the playback runs a bit smoother than before, although it still freezes after a few seconds of playing.    I will let it record some more, after the update, and check later to see if the results are better.

I also changed to H265 in the video encoding Sub Stream settings.

I have a question regarding the setting for the Stream recording.  I currently have it set to record both streams, Main and Sub.   I assume that this is the way it should be so that the Sub-Stream is used when playing back remotely, correct?

dvr4.jpg