zudrick

Serage CCTV

I have a Serage SR8008 CCTV 8ch system which has 4 cameras at the moment and i'm after adding an additional camera ,but have found the ones my rep supplys are expensive (£170) cause he wants to charge installation costs on top which i don't want to pay, I just want the camera and i want to install it myself, the cameras i have at the min are ip cameras (runs on internal ip address 10.10.25.154) and want to add to the system but, trying to find the right camera that works with this system is very difficult to say the least, has anyone had experience with the make of system.

Hi. Zudrick.  Wow £170 .... you can buy 4K with audio and AI for that. 

I have come across only one of there ip systems and was not impressed at all

most up cameras will work but I would not go above 3mp ..... the system will do 5mp but it does struggle with that. The reason being is it’s only H264 and uses up a lot of data if you go 5mp

2mp starlight turret are good cameras and can be had in uk for £60

I've just checked my system specs and it is encoding at H265 so i think it is better then we thought so what are my options on cameras?

Cheers Tom got another question  could I use a ptz camera with the system I've got and connect it via poe connection???

Hi yes you can ...... just check spec on any ptz you look at 

also you need to check your POE limit on your nvr...... I would look at Poe injector to power ptz ..... saves bad ptz knocking out you nvr if a power problem

Tom question do you know what the ip address of the Annke camera would be, the cameras I have at min use 10.10 internal ip and not 192.168 do you know at all?

2 hours ago, zudrick said:

Tom question do you know what the ip address of the Annke camera would be, the cameras I have at min use 10.10 internal ip and not 192.168 do you know at all?

Hi before you change IP address switch off your nvr connect the camera switch back on and see if it sets up it’s self

Tom i have been talking to the guy who installed mine and he's told me the cameras i have are 2MP so what are my options on getting an additional 2MP poe camera with night vision running?