Sign in to follow this  
Outback_jack

NVR/IPC issues

Hi,

I had a Qihan N6564F-H NVR with 37 IP cams on a wired network, the qihan was becoming troublesome and took an eternity to start up after each time it "locked up" during the darkest hours of the night,

So, i purchased a Tiandy TC-R3880 80ch NVR, set it up with the same configs and i now have choppy/jumpy streams from all the cams, i have checked the POE switch, i've tested all the CAT6 cables,

none of the cams are getting hot, but i do have 4 or 5 cams disconnecting and reconnecting randomly, unplugging these cams does not cure the original issue.

Hi. 80 channel nvrs don’t work plus unreliable for a security system ..... nvr problem 80 cams down 

looking at the nvr spec you might have to do a lot of tweaking with managing the system 

are you using motion settings

what resolution are your cameras

what storage do you have and are your cameras h264 or h265

are you using both network ports for cameras

2 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. 80 channel nvrs don’t work plus unreliable for a security system ..... nvr problem 80 cams down 

looking at the nvr spec you might have to do a lot of tweaking with managing the system 

are you using motion settings

what resolution are your cameras

what storage do you have and are your cameras h264 or h265

are you using both network ports for cameras

No motion settings, just constant recorded stream from all cams,

cams are H264 compliant, resolution i'm unsure of atm(will check and reply)

all the cams are connected to a cisco poe switch and 2 cat6 udp from the switch to the nvr gigaports

storage is 3 x 10tb wd purple hdd (no raid)

Hi. Always record with 80 cameras is going to limit the nvr ..... the spec does not give any information on recording limits but does say 12mp each channel..... which is a bit of bull

playback is only 4 channel at 12mp which is an indication of its limits. 

with a 80 channel unit changing settings can be time consuming a few hours just on setting up motion ..... but this is what I would do

set all cameras to motion only 

lower FPS on each camera

reduce resolution on each camera to 720

run the system for a few hours like that and see if you still have the problem 

if not reset cameras to 4cif try again see how it does 

once it starts to get better I would then start increasing the resolution on important cameras entry exit / cash area's

13 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. Always record with 80 cameras is going to limit the nvr ..... the spec does not give any information on recording limits but does say 12mp each channel..... which is a bit of bull

playback is only 4 channel at 12mp which is an indication of its limits. 

with a 80 channel unit changing settings can be time consuming a few hours just on setting up motion ..... but this is what I would do

set all cameras to motion only 

lower FPS on each camera

reduce resolution on each camera to 720

run the system for a few hours like that and see if you still have the problem 

if not reset cameras to 4cif try again see how it does 

once it starts to get better I would then start increasing the resolution on important cameras entry exit / cash area's

Ok, thanks, i'll try with motion settings, and drop the res of the cams and see if it stabilises.

On 12/30/2020 at 11:32 AM, Outback_jack said:

Ok, thanks, i'll try with motion settings, and drop the res of the cams and see if it stabilises.

Ok,

I have sorted the issue, the cams are running smooth and no jitter or jerky streams, it was nothing to do with motion or res settings, but something i overlooked.

.....in the settings of the Tiandy TC-R3880, under network card there is a setting called "Polymerization Option" which was set to "load balancing", which is what the Qihan NVR was set, but this Tiandy does not behave the same way, so i have set to "multi-access" which has solved the issues i was having, plus i have replaced many faulty Qihan NV534DO-P ipc's, and all is good.

Side note:  this Tiandy 80ch works fine !