Photos

hello,

I have a 16 IP camera setup with 1 camera going out after 12-24 hours. I’ve changed the balun and switched the ports. Same issue. I’ve reseeded all the connections on the DVR side. Same issue. Temporary fix is to unplug/plug balun and the feed comes back for another 12-24 hours. I haven’t replaced the CAT5SE cable, or replaced the camera yet because the camera is in a location that needs a tall ladder. I would like to eliminate the problem from the DVR side before going up there. I’ve been on this for a week and can’t figure out where the problem. Any advice would help, thanks.

Hi.  You don’t have a IP system it is analog only

this sounds like a power problem  .... that camera will change its power draw when it’s goes to night mode ....... it needs more power with IR  so will not run if not enough 

looking at your pictures there are a few issues 

first that power supply is too small I would invest in a good power supply

second is your baluns you should only use 1 pair for video not two like in your pictures 

Using  two pairs will interfere with image quality and stop your baluns preforming properly 

But your first step is a better power supply 4amp is not enough ...... something like this is much better 

https://www.amazon.com/Ares-Vision-CCTV-Power-Supply/dp/B07BN6C2GC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=cctv+power+supply&qid=1609343646&sprefix=cctv+power&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyTVAzOU9IREdVVVNRJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDk0MzQ1MlNMUjVQVEtHRkJJWCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNTQ3NzYxM1VHSzBLMzY3WFRUNCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Hi Tom,

Thanks for clarifying I have a analog instead of digital. I do have a power supply like the one you linked underneath the cabinet but it’s full thus added the one in the photo. Should I just rewire that outside camera that requires IR to the panel underneath? Thank you in advance. 

Hi   With power supplies amps are the factor I don’t know what amp yours is...... the one I listed is 10 amp

the power supply in your pictures is only 4 amp and is running 5 cameras working on 1 amp per camera your under powered plus you need a little extra ..... if a number of cameras switch to night at same time you need to cover for the surge 

I would buy the one in the link and replace the one in your pictures

Photo

Hi Tom,

Happy New Years and thanks for the help. So I rewired camera 6(the one with the issue) from the 4amp power supply to the panel in the photo above. I also, used 1 pair instead of 2 on the balun. I thought this would fix it but the the same issue is still happening. My question now is that if balun on the camera end are double paired and I used a single pair on the DVR side, would this cause the video loss to happen ? Or is the problem something else?

Happy new year to you as well. 

the power supply in your new picture is again a low amp unit ..... in fact it is a power supply for a alarm system with battery backup the type used for PIR sensors and is unregulated ... regulated is for cctv

also what is the distance from recorder to camera with problem

Hi Tom,

The distance is less than 20ft from camera to DVR. Also, I will be purchasing the panel you recommended this weekend. Hoping this resolves the issue.  Do I need anything else or is everything included? 

Photo

Hi Tom,

Update: I’ve installed the power supply and connected just that one camera and it’s still doing the same thing. I’m stuck, any other reason why this camera keeps going out after 12-24 hours?

Photo

Hello,

now the camera is dipping in and out all day. I’m constantly getting this message. Is it my camera, balun, the CAT5SE cable, or the DVR? where’s is the problem and how can I fix it?