Sign in to follow this  
TheKingsrow

I found something and I’m not sure how much it’s worth.

I don’t know much at all about server equipment used for security/other things, so I figured I’d ask here. 

I found a completely new, non opened with box GV-TPC16PS, it’s a “16 port unshielded twisted pair hub with power”. All I know is, it was manufactured by Samsung for GVI. I can’t seem to find any for sale anywhere, and the only price tag I can find is $800, on WorldEyeCam. It was discounted from $1000.  Note, they are out of stock, obviously it seems as if these aren’t being made anymore. Bought it for $50 at a goodwill. 

What would be a good selling price for this? Are these still desirable? 

Does it work? Basically a power supply for analog cameras.  Unless someone has that line of Geovision cameras and their hub blows up not much market as this is not usable in the IP camera world.

Hi. What you have is a balun rack with power

i took some out over 12 years ago ..... you could call it the start of the cctv balun time

you only have part of the system (the S means power) and you also need 16 power baluns.  Or UTP Samsung cameras 

with cameras now analog HD they will not run on that system

9 hours ago, jeromephone said:

Does it work? Basically a power supply for analog cameras.  Unless someone has that line of Geovision cameras and their hub blows up not much market as this is not usable in the IP camera world.

Not sure, it doesn’t seem damaged at all, everything is still wrapped as if it’s never been opened. 

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. What you have is a balun rack with power

i took some out over 12 years ago ..... you could call it the start of the cctv balun time

you only have part of the system (the S means power) and you also need 16 power baluns.  Or UTP Samsung cameras 

with cameras now analog HD they will not run on that system

Good to know. Might it still be worth anything? My guesses would be no

Hi only if someone is after one. 
since it’s production baluns have moved on 

if someone wanted a 16way balun system they can now buy them in singles at a $1 each

there are a few on eBay  see if they sell