Larbo

Hello to CCTV

My knowledge of CCTV is limited to a property that I manage. I do need occassional help. I was hoping this was a great forum for bouncing off ideas and the few problems I have.  I did post about a problem a couple of weeks ago with no replies and was wondering if there is something I missed in terms of introductions or posting guidelines.  Do you have to be a pro to post here?? Thanks, 

Hi. Lar   Some post can be mist 

also some problems on old equipment might just be best replacing. 

your problem could be a number of things 

constant beeping is usually down to no input from camera to dvr .... which points to faulty camera power supply not the dvr

or

dvr software has a problem and can’t load ... there is no fix for this problem ...... installed 8 years ago could also mean dvr is older 10 or 15 years old and not worth trying to fix

i would look at camera power supply first

Thanks Tom!!!  Never got the reply notification, sorry.  It is a constant, loud alarm, not so much a beep. 

Age, yes. 

With 4 cameras hooked up, one of them must be working. They were all working not long ago.  Should I disconnect them all and add one at a time and see what happens?

I checked the DVR power supply, good (voltmeter).

Thanks!!

7 hours ago, Larbo said:

Thanks Tom!!!  Never got the reply notification, sorry.  It is a constant, loud alarm, not so much a beep. 

Age, yes. 

With 4 cameras hooked up, one of them must be working. They were all working not long ago.  Should I disconnect them all and add one at a time and see what happens?

I checked the DVR power supply, good (voltmeter).

Thanks!!

Hi. Dvr power is ok because you mentioned beeping (alarm)

but you still haven’t tested camera power supply

how are cameras connected to dvr is it coax or cat5 cable with BNC connectors 

I would need to double check but I am pretty sure CAT5.  I think its all in one cable (POE?)

I am just thinking that even if I didn't have a video feed coming in, wouldn't the software just display with empty windows? The monitor says that it has no input! Is the software flashed on the circuit board? I assume that the HDD is just for data storage.

On 1/21/2021 at 11:58 PM, Larbo said:

The monitor says that it has no input!

Hi   Have you tested the monitor 

are you using hdmi or vga 

no input will be displayed if no signal from recorder check all leads

I haven't been able to snag that monitor yet. 

Let's assume that it is ok. It was fine last time I used it before the constant alarm sound began. If the two are related, what would you deduce??  Mainboard failure? Software corruption??

If I need to buy a new one,  basic stuff but with internet access, what would or where would you suggest?

I finally found a receipt and it is an H.265 8Ch DVR. Installed in Oct 2017. Not that old after all!

4 of the cameras are IP H.265 4MP infrared with motorized lenses. One of these is out of focus. 

4 more are IP 3MP Long range license plate cameras

45 minutes ago, Larbo said:

Hi, I manage a bldg with a small, 4 camera security system. It was put together by a now defunct contractor 8 years years ago. My phone app recently lost connectivity with the system. I found that the (no name) DVR was emitting a constanand loud alarm 

Hi. This was your first post and you also posted pictures of a dvr board.  

if fitted 8 years ago it’s not a h265 unit as not developed then 

your last post it now turns out to be a nvr with ip cameras

can you post pictures of back and front of your recorder

also you have not said if you tried another monitor

On 2/1/2021 at 3:46 PM, Larbo said:

OK> I will bring the monitor home and check it out,. VGA cable connection.

this also points to a dvr as a 4mp h265 would be on hdmi not vga

Turns out it was not as old as I was told it was. Sorry.  I was emailed the orignal receipt today for the first time which I will post in a few minutes.. The "sales rep/installer" can no longer be reached. But the monitor is connected via VGA cable, the cameras are POE.  I haven't been able to grab that monitor. I will try and get down there tomorrow and I will stick it onto my computer system to test.  I will get back to you on that. 

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Larbo said:

But the monitor is connected via VGA cable

Hi then if you have an IP system which is supporting 4mp cameras ...... your monitor might not be broken 

vga is limited by its resolution ..... it is rare to have both vga and hdmi on a unit but some do

on vga your nvr might of gone out of range (higher resolution than vga can handle)

does it have hdmi as well

9 minutes ago, Larbo said:

image.thumb.png.7cd0e48398fdee0d5c101b83472c085e.png 

Wow crazy prices Poe extenders $620 

$850 for none Poe nvr

$825 for cable ........ how far are camera away from nvr location...... reason why I ask is no listing for a switch

vga monitor is first to look at ..... then look at connection from nvr to router of switch ....this will also give a beeping if down

also at night are your cameras showing any sign of IR lighting being on

I will ck the DVR for HDMI inputs when I p/u the monitor. It has worked for 3+ years in its current config. Could a resolution setting change (that we did not do) cause that?

Lastly, would that circumstance cause that blaring, constant alarm sound? 

4 of the cameras are 700 feet from the NVR. 4 are under 150'.  Keep in mind that this is all happening on the roof of a large, multi-tenant industrial park. IF the POE extenders needed power, then the installer would have had to take the cables down into the bldg for 110v, too. 

No router/sw that I know of. Cameras are direct to NVR (exc for POE extenders).

IR lighting..... Can't see the camera outputs as the NVR cannot be accessed. Not only is the monitor "getting no input" but the phone app cannot access the system either. App is showing the correct IP address. Modem looks good with all lights on. 

Thanks again!!

4 minutes ago, Larbo said:

I will ck the DVR for HDMI inputs. Do you still want me to test the monitor? it has worked for 3+ years. What could have changed it?

Latly, would that circumstance cause that blaring, constant alarm sound? 

Thanks again!!

Hi. Monitor settings could be altered or nvr output settings changed

alarms will sound for a number of things depends how alarms were setup to start with

reasons

bad hard drive ...... but you will still see images on screen 

camera feed to nvr ...... but you would still see other camera feeds

monitor if bad or out of range (wrong resolution)

do you have remote view and is that working

Pls see previous entry. I did replace the HDD with another Seagate Skyhawk but to no benefit. I couldn't access the NVR so I couldn't format it. Jut plugging it in via SATA did nothing.

8 hours ago, Larbo said:

We were given an app called SuperLive Plus. 

Ok your system is a TVT nvr

can you post a picture of back of nvr

need to figure out how cameras are getting power

Hi Tom,

I took the monitor home and I had the onboard VGA controller on my mobo shut off. Once I turned on and hooked up, it recognized the input being there but I got no pic, Maybe I turned off something else to save resources since I am hooked up via DVI on an separate graphics board. This older 19" Sony monitor calls the VGA input HD15 and is 1280x1024. 

The NVR does have an HDMI output but the monitor does not. Hope this helps.  Not a single sticker on the damn thing to ID its make, model or origin. 

Thanks

IMG_4556.jpg

IMG_4557.jpg

IMG_4558.jpg

IMG_4560.jpg

23 minutes ago, Larbo said:

I took the monitor home and I had the onboard VGA controller on my mobo shut off. Once I turned on and hooked up, it recognized the input being there but I got no pic, Maybe I turned off something else to save resources since I am hooked up via DVI on an separate graphics board. This older 19" Sony monitor calls the VGA input HD15 and is 1280x1024. 

Ok so we still don’t know if monitor is working or not

your system is called a TVT nvr and it should be run on hdmi ....... you will not be seeing the benefit of your cameras 

with two outputs  hdmi and vga 

hdmi is your master output 

vga is secondary and is set via recorder

you need to buy a wide hd tv with hdmi which is the right monitor you should be using

looking at your recipes $115 for a monitor I’m guessing it’s just a cheap 19inch pc vga monitor

your installer does not have a clue I would also question over $600 for Poe extenders 

when nvr is Poe (your premises must be bigger than the white house) to be needing them on each camera. 

so first thing is new monitor HD hdmi so as you can be on main output 

Seems like the new monitor will just make the images on the monitor better, which we rarely use.  99.9% of viewing is from our PC or phones. Actually, the guy that bought this system got ripped because we did not get that new monitor. This one is an old cast off from the office. But it worked and we didn't really care about the on-site viewing quality. Still don't. 

Installer is long gone.

"vga is secondary and is set via recorder". Not sure what you mean by recorder.

"when nvr is Poe (your premises must be bigger than the white house) to be needing them on each camera. " Do you mean PoE or the extenders? The building is about 700ft long and the system is at one end. So, the extenders are only on the 4 long runs. IIRC, std 5e ethernet wires are good for about 300' ?

Again, this all worked fine for 3+ years until it didn't :) .  

I saw that the 4 std range cameras are motorized and one of them is out of focus. Is that changed at the camera or can it be done via the NVR remotely (when it is up and running again)?

So, TVT is a cheap Chinese brand I gather.  Is there a decent, cost effective unit out there that I can just put into the existing system with 8ch PoE, 8Tb HDD capable, I can always get another monitor, too. Can I assume that a lot of the cheaper units are just rebadged TVTs?

Thanks!!

14 minutes ago, Larbo said:

So, TVT is a cheap Chinese brand I gather. 

No . In fact it’s one of best systems on the market ..... also has best app and pc remote software

17 minutes ago, Larbo said:

This one is an old cast off from the office. But it worked and we didn't really care about the on-site viewing quality. Still don't. 

Well this is going to be a problem ...... to reset video output range it can only be done from master output hdmi .... then you have control over second output .... sounds like it was set as spot monitor ..... no other way around it

24 minutes ago, Larbo said:

I saw that the 4 std range cameras are motorized and one of them is out of focus. Is that changed at the camera or can it be done via the NVR remotely (when it is up and running again)?

You can set it via monitor or SuperLive pro or the pc cms software .... you use the ptz controls on any of the devices 

if you don’t want to buy a monitor borrow one that’s hdmi and hd ...... connect it power up and it will set the range automatically 

then we can see if this is your problem