OK

I am in integrator that is trying to help a new business out. 

Existing space has 12 IP cams all working and feeding into an LTS  ltd 2816NE-L NVR, DVR, EDVR, hell , at this point, I am not sure what it is.  the recorder has 2 250GB drives installed and I can access the interface.  This device has a very basic configuration, but here is the kicker.  I am totally clueless as to how the cameras are feeding into the recorder.  There is an external 16 port POE switch that the cams are hooked up to.  That is it.  There are no configuration tabs or links to point the cams to the recorder.  I don't get it, and I want to understand.  I am that sort of person and I am at wits end with this.

The manufacturer is no help and are not willing to help (LTS).  I have googled, you tubed, deep dived, asked peers in my area (Charleston, SC), called other surveillance companies, no dice and of course some people do not respond.  Looking through support on LTS, I am ASSUMING, the this set up uses CMS 2.0?  I have the software, but the instructions on how to use it are not really instructions, but more of a glossary of fields in the software.  I solicited LTS for the user manual on the recorder, nothing.  I don't have much time left, the computer on site that was left with the restaurant (this is where the system is) is not functional.  

So, if you are local and reading this, and are familiar with what I am talking about, I will pay you.  I don't care, I just want to know how these older systems work (2013 ish).  It makes me a better installer.

If you are not local, I will pay you, for the same reason above.

Or, if you are just a good soul, can read between the lines as they type of person I am, please feel free to reach out or post a response.  I am looking to move quick and if I don't hear anything from this forum, I will replace the recorder with a new ONVIF NVR, which I know will work.

Thanks for lending an ear....

Brad Temple

Hi Brad. 
I think you know what your outcome is going to be...... and it’s because the age of the system 

LTS just place stickers on other brands .... you have the old TVT recorder unfortunately no longer supported also

500gb is only a few days recording .... if it’s staying a restaurant it’s best with a lot more days

is the 16 way Poe at recorder location or placed somewhere else

It’s at the the recorder location. Rear facing ports but front panel dip switches that turn on and off POE per port. Never saw one when I laid eyes on it. What am I missing when it comes to pointing cameras to the recorder?

Hi. Anything on a network needs to be recognised.... this is done with each item having its own IP address (local) .

so each of your cameras  will be called to the nvr with IP 

cam 1 = 192.168.1.10  cam 2 192.168.1.11 

last number changing upto cam 16

above is just an example of IP address you will need to go into the recorder then camera edit to see the correct IP address used

recorder gets its camera feed from either Poe switch or from router that switch and recorder are connected too. 

All the above can be ruled out if changing recorder and removing the switch ....as recorders are now POE

12 hours ago, Bradfordaudio said:

I will replace the recorder with a new ONVIF NVR, which I know will work.

This is not as easy as you think 

8 to 10 year old cameras 1 to 1.3 mp don’t have ONVIF path or old onvif path that can’t update to current ONVIF

I WOULD look at a TVT nvr  (no need for onvif) ....... set it up h264  ........ the tvt can be set h264 or h265 on each channel so it allows you to upgrade cameras over time 

First off, thanks for responding.

I will dig into tvt nvr's after this post, but I ordered an new nvr last night.  

I am pretty well versed in setting up all networks and surveillance systems.  Your example is understood, but there are not any ways to identify the cameras inside the NVR.  That is the issue.  there are no network settings or fields that would allow the NVR to recognize any other IP address other than its own.  I will take pics of the interface later today and post.  I feel the only way to do this is with third party software.  Its brutal and the amount of time I have spent is gross.

I purchased an onvif nvr because someone added an onvif camera a few years ago.  You may be right that it doesn't work, but the new recorder has a ton of formats it will accommodate, so its worth a try.  Any headway at this point would be a plus.

31 minutes ago, Bradfordaudio said:

That is the issue.  there are no network settings or fields that would allow the NVR to recognize any other IP address other than its own.

Hi the only way your not seeing the settings is you are using a user password which will not allow you into camera network settingsonly administrator password allow this

Brilliant. A password was left actually stuck to the recorder and has been used. You are probably right, it’s not the admin password. Now I will dig to see if there is a way to retrieve or reset the admin password. Ty

So, it was not a password issue as far as I know.  I was entering the known password under the admin user.  Unless there is another admin or super admin password, not sure.  As I look back on this thread, your TVT comment rang a bell.  All of the network adapters of the cameras AND NVR, come up TVT blah blah blah.  So, my ONVIF NVR arrived today, but I guess i will try and figure out what the differences of an TVT NVR are.